Patriot Mobile

I Didn't Beat the Ride - Illegal Knife + CHL + Concealed Handgun = Jail + Charges

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You should pull a Charlie Sprinkle and sue everyone from the arresting officer up the chain of command to the governor ;)

I was wondering if you needed to show a loss for your suit is to be successful, but sounds like you still need to talk to the lawyers about that.

Is he the guy from Two and a Half Men that wrote all the kids tunes and loved boobies?
    Hurley's Gold

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    Close, but I was talking about this guy. He's a personal hero of mine; even drives a Fiat :rolleyes:

BTW, matefrio is my newest personal hero :cool:

Pisa Schitt was a very famous Italian car designer and designed most Fiat cars.

Thus, when you hear a Fiat owner describing his car as that "Pisa Schitt, Fiat"... you'll know immediately, he's referring fondly to the designer.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    This is great! I will continue to support any efforts that you make in taking back our rights, Matefrio!
    You're the man.

Spare me.

P8BnB8Q.jpg

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    A picture is worth a 1000 words. The outcome was a good one. This isn't over as now I get a chance to take the fight to them.

For those who can't see it:
    To the honorable judge of said court:
    NOW COMES the State of Texas by and though her Attorney, respectfully requests the Court to dismiss the above entitled and numbered criminal action in which the defendant is charged with the offence of Unlawfully Carrying A Weapon for the reason: In The Interest of Justice.

motiontodismiss.png

Matefrio, this is great news! I've been out of the loop for 2wks and this reply is my first back into forum society again. I'm happy for you.

And yes, yes I did quote a huge pic that takes up scrolling room on the screen. I did because I think the hand written reason in "Other" is worth showing.

Anyway, congrats again :)

Richard B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    " IN THE INTEREST OF JUSTICE " is CYA CODE for:

" The State is unable to proceed due to the fact that the TPC Section 46.02(a) offense that is the basis for prosecution in the instant case is statutorially inapplicable to the defendant."

A petition for declaratory judgement ......" In the interest of justice " ???

If this dismissal " in the interest of justice" hasn't already been brought to the attention of AG Greg Abbott - it should be.

Let me say at the outset that I have no personal knowledge of the facts and circumstances surrounding the prosecution's decision not to proceed with this case. That said, it would be unusual, if not extraordinary, for the Attorney General to be consulted on a decision to dismiss a minor case. While the case is not likely to be considered "minor" by the defendant, when viewed in the context of the case load of the prosecutor's office, it would certainly not appear to be a case of significance. Please do not take offense to this characterization, but it is the reality of the situation.

One simply is unable to draw the conclusion you draw based upon the facts. Could it have been the case? Yes, but we can not "know" that. Is it unreasonable to suspect that it may have been a factor, perhaps even a determining factor? Indeed it might have been, but it is not possible to say that it was based upon the information presented here.

Regards

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    " IN THE INTEREST OF JUSTICE " is CYA CODE for:

" The State is unable to proceed due to the fact that the TPC Section 46.02(a) offense that is the basis for prosecution in the instant case is statutorially inapplicable to the defendant."

A petition for declaratory judgement ......" In the interest of justice " ???

If this dismissal " in the interest of justice" hasn't already been brought to the attention of AG Greg Abbott - it should be.
    Thx!

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    Let me say at the outset that I have no personal knowledge of the facts and circumstances surrounding the prosecution's decision not to proceed with this case. That said, it would be unusual, if not extraordinary, for the Attorney General to be consulted on a decision to dismiss a minor case. While the case is not likely to be considered "minor" by the defendant, when viewed in the context of the case load of the prosecutor's office, it would certainly not appear to be a case of significance. Please do not take offense to this characterization, but it is the reality of the situation.

One simply is unable to draw the conclusion you draw based upon the facts. Could it have been the case? Yes, but we can not "know" that. Is it unreasonable to suspect that it may have been a factor, perhaps even a determining factor? Indeed it might have been, but it is not possible to say that it was based upon the information presented here.

Regards

I certainly do not take offense to your OPINION taking exception to my OPINION that is based upon my SUSPICIONS (conjecture, doubt, mistrust).

OPINION is a conclusion or judgement held in confidence, but falling short of positive KNOWLEDGE.

I have considerable mistrust of a mindset that offers no apology for authorizing the seizure of a citizen's liberties, and his personal effects when a FAIR reading of the relevant statutory provision combined with the defendant's possession of a valid CHL reveals no offense committed.

A quite reasonable conclusion than can be drawn from the handling of this case is that THE CODE SECTION APPLIED IN THIS CASE IS INAPPLICABLE TO THE DEFENDANT.

That should have been the " OTHER " reason for the motion to dismiss.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Regards

According to my attorney the ADA looked over the law (46.02) and saw that the law was on my side. I have only his word that this happened. But I trust him this is exactly what happened.

Richard B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    According to my attorney the ADA looked over the law (46.02) and saw that the law was on my side. I have only his word that this happened. But I trust him this is exactly what happened.

I have no doubt that your attorney told you what happened. Here is the problem, though. We simply don't know the prosecutor's reason for dismissing unless the prosecutor told your counsel. It is not unheard of for prosecutors to duck a case where they do not wish to devote resources on a case or where there is uncertainty about the outcome of the case when they may want to preserve to option to prosecute similar cases in the future.

i am glad that you were able to obtain a favorable outcome even though I sense that you may be disappointed that you were unable to obtain a ruling on the law from the court.

i am not certain about the applicability of the Declaratory Judgment Act to this circumstance, but, perhaps, you may wish to discuss it with your counsel as an alternative to placing yourself in this situation again.

All the best and congratulations.

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    You really think an ADA wants to "duck" an unlawful weapon case where the location of the offense is the State Capitol building? I wish some of you would use some common sense.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Regards

I have to concur with the above

Top Bottom