Target Sports

Howdy Texas transplant living in New York City!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffreyaspern

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    New York
    Hi y'all, I was born in Lubbock, Texas and went to UT. I just recently moved out to the big city, New York. I work for a real estate company here called NYCrentals and everything's going fine. I get some hunting in, some friends of mine take me out to New York state which has some great forests and hunting grounds, also get some good fishing in the Atlantic Ocean off of New Jersey. Sure do miss Texas though as I'm sure everyone does that moves out. I'll come on back eventually.
    Texas SOT

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Great city to visit, went there a couple of years ago during my Thanksgiving break, great sites and sounds. Loved the Toys' R Us even though I was like 15 or 16. IT HAS A FERRIS WHEEL IN IT!!!!!!!

Be Safe, and I have heard that more of your paycheck goes to taxes than it does to you? That true? Or is that just something made up? Or is that going to be something happening? I heard it from my very news watching and political supervisor, and didn't know if it was true.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Hello from another Texan who called the Big Apple home for a little while. I lived in Brooklyn of all places, and can you imagine a throughbred redneck living in Brooklyn? The usual questions, "Where'd you park your horse?" or "Where's your six-shooter?" were often answered with something smart-assed. I moved up there in Dec 2000 and back in Nov 2003, and enjoyed it somewhat, but after 9/11, things just didnt seem the same. Every morning we would get on the Belt Pkwy and the BQE to go to work, and if it wasnt a smoggy day, you could see the City's skyline; The Empire State Building, the Towers, and the Chrysler Building in the distance. I only lived there for a few years, but when you see the same thing day in and day out, and then it isnt there, it kinda tears at your insides. I got to go fishing up there a few times for bluefish, and remember one time that we went, we were reeling in half a fish because the sharks were eating them on the way in. I miss it somewhat, but I love Texas WAYYYY to much to even thinking about going back again... LOL

BG

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I lived up that way for a couple of years. Froze and nearly went broke paying taxes. One suggestion: If you want to hunt in NY, get yourself a black powder rifle. The general hunting season is CRAZY with people shooting at every bush that shakes. But while anybody can buy a shotgun and a box of shells, it takes something more to shoot black powder. It has it's own season and you may be the only guy in the county hunting during it.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Welcome from Austin. I think I would go nutz being around all those yankees and not having Mexican food once a week LOL.

Top Bottom