• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    This thought was sparked in my head by a thread that TX69 started about fixed blade knives. I am curious as to how/where y'all carry (on your person) your EDC FIXED BLADE KNIFE and what kind of sheath you use. I am considering switching my type of carry knife from a folder to fixed blade. This got me to thinking of how I would carry it. The times that I carry a fixed blade knife are only at the deer lease and it is always on my right side and vertical. Contemplating possibly some kind of horizontal carry method either on my left (carry handgun will be on my right) or small of the back. Again, this is slated towards FIXED BLADES. Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations or tips will be appreciated. Thanks y'all.
    Target Sports

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I carry my grab and stab in the waistband appendix style, but on my left hand side.

Kydex sheath has a paracord loop that is laced through my belt so it rips free on the draw.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Pocket sheath for small fixed blade in left hand pocket along w spare mag.

W/ Large fixed IWB at 4 o'clock

Or

Large fixed IWB at 9 o'clock if not carrying small fixed blade.

My handgun is 99% appendix carry.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I carry the Kabar TDI at about 11-11:30 depending on the pants I'm wearing - using the standard sheath it comes with. But, I sweat a lot at work, and it's already getting rusted and pitted out after 8 months. I dry it off daily, but I still have to steel wool & wd40 it too frequently.

http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/76

Considering getting this Spyderco due to the sweating. It's different than what I'm used to (worn around the neck), so I might rig something up as a belt loop through those holes...

http://m.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=921

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    not really understanding what yer meaning by this....the paracord is how you attach the kydex sheath to yer belt?

Here's the knife and sheath from a pic I stole off the net...
    DSC_06121.jpg

The para cord loop goes through the two bottom most rivets of the sheath at the tip of the blade.

The loop is then passed over my belt buckle, the knife is stowed in the waistband at a comfortable angle and the belt is cinched.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    That type of carry with a blade that long won't work for most of us. My body structure won't allow for a OAL 9" or 10" blade to be mounted vertically. The only way I could do that would be horizontally or at an angle.

Sorry for the crappy pics. Never taken a selfie before, much less of my waist sideways (while twisting).

But... Just trying to show that the blade below the belt is also exactly the same as the barrel of a 1911.

0403a3df926cbcb2148b3418856fc05c.jpg

56799871040ef0afa6f6913d44719aec.jpg

Last edited:

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I just carry a cheap throw-away folder to use as a cutting instrument (seat belts, prying doors, etc). As soon as the edge goes, I get another. Used one twice when I was a cop to cut people out of seat belts. It's usually on the opposite side that I carry my pistola.
    Bob

DSC_2279_zps7012918b.jpg

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Sorry for the crappy pics. Never taken a selfie before, much less of my waist sideways (while twisting).

But... Just trying to show that the blade below the belt is also exactly the same as the barrel of a 1911.

0403a3df926cbcb2148b3418856fc05c.jpg

56799871040ef0afa6f6913d44719aec.jpg

From the pic with the blade I can see how that would work but you'd have to have a jacket over that to cover it. Plus my body is not flat on the sides. No fat but a 36" waist to a 49" chest my ribs would ride the top of the handle fiercely. In the car is even worse. Lastly, I OWB a G30 so I don't carry full sized pistols. For a blade like the one in the picture I would have to carry it either at an angle or horizontally.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I just carry a cheap throw-away folder to use as a cutting instrument (seat belts, prying doors, etc). As soon as the edge goes, I get another. Used one twice when I was a cop to cut people out of seat belts. It's usually on the opposite side that I carry my pistola.
    Bob

DSC_2279_zps7012918b.jpg

Minus the watch this is my carry right here. SP101 357 Magnum / Bianci Speed Strips / Cheap Buck 110 folder

Top Bottom