• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    My guess is that you will get home from the Ft Worth Gun show on saturday, check the mail, and have a reason to smile

Man I was smilin BIG Saturday afternoon! You were right!

GaryH, dude....sorry to hear about that. That really sucks, hopefully you saved copies of everything and maybe can upload on the website. Best of luck man! I hope it goes quickly.
    Lynx Defense

illixir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Colorado City
    Mailed 4/4
    Status changed to background under review on 5/12 (38 days)
    Still waiting for the background check to complete..........its killing me!!!!!!! :mad:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    if you are at 90 days I would make a phone call, shouldnt take that long

I agree to call. While it CAN take that long, it is not typical

BIGAPIGREG said:
    PAY WHAT YOU OWE
    REAP WHAT YOU SOW

I WON'T BE WRONGED
    I WON'T BE INSULTED
    I WON'T BE LAID A HAND ON
    I DON'T DO THESE THINGS TO OTHER PEOPLE
    AND I REQUIRE THE SAME FROM THEM

How do you "require" that others don't do that? If you are wronged, what do you do? If you are insulted, what do you do? How about laid a hand on?

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    How do you "require" that others don't do that? If you are wronged, what do you do? If you are insulted, what do you do? How about laid a hand on?[/QUOTE]

Lets just say....I cross that bridge when/if it happens... Not a John Wayne fan TXI?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How do you "require" that others don't do that? If you are wronged, what do you do? If you are insulted, what do you do? How about laid a hand on?

Lets just say....I cross that bridge when/if it happens... Not a John Wayne fan TXI?[/QUOTE]

You proclaim it in every post. So I ask again, what will you do?

And if you are quoting someone you either use quotation marks or cite the person you are quoting. Otherwise you claim it.

red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    My track

Mailed 4/15

Received 5/17

BG complete 5/29

Mailed 5/30

The days might be a little skewed since I do not check the website every day but I am right at 45 days....should be another 2 before it gets here!!

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    My track

Mailed 4/15

Received 5/17

BG complete 5/29

Mailed 5/30

The days might be a little skewed since I do not check the website every day but I am right at 45 days....should be another 2 before it gets here!!

Will probably be more than 2 days, cause "Mailed" doesn't really mean mailed. It just means it is set to be mailed. Seems like the usual time frame is 5 business days. I don't know how you don't check daily, you are much more patient than I was!

red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    Will probably be more than 2 days, cause "Mailed" doesn't really mean mailed. It just means it is set to be mailed. Seems like the usual time frame is 5 business days. I don't know how you don't check daily, you are much more patient than I was!

Got it... LOL ....Well the past 45 days were pretty hectic for me. Between gearing up my students for their finals to actually proctoring their exams and been a at home with my 2 year old, I wasnt able to check it as frequent as I would've I liked.

The easiest part of this process is now behind me now onto deciding what to carry....decisions decisions.

myjohnson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Houston
    if you are at 90 days I would make a phone call, shouldnt take that long

Thanks for the tip. I'm at 83 days today. I gave them a call and they told me that the BG check actually cleared. It's just not updated on the website. They also said that all they need to do is scared the photo picture, make the license, and mail if off. They couldn't even give me a time table on that....but at least everything looks good. Just some more waiting I guess.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Thanks for the tip. I'm at 83 days today. I gave them a call and they told me that the BG check actually cleared. It's just not updated on the website. They also said that all they need to do is scared the photo picture, make the license, and mail if off. They couldn't even give me a time table on that....but at least everything looks good. Just some more waiting I guess.

im about 60 days sinced i mailed my renewal paperwork... on-line app already processed.....i just might have to call in a few weeks....

loumaag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2013
    Katy, TX
    A bit of perspective

Hopefully my recent experience will lend some perspective to those of you who find this thread and are waiting.

My wife and I finished our class and scheduled our fingerprinting after doing the online application. Fingerprinting was scheduled for April 2, 2013. Based on the fingerprinting results shown when being done, mine should cause no problems, but my wife's, as expected (she is a nurse practitioner and fingerprints have all be disappeared from washing constantly) showed rejected on all but 1 print. The last time she was fingerprinted for the TX Nursing Board (random check) it took three trips and finally they had to do it on paper. In any case we mailed off our materials that afternoon (4/2/2013) and then settled in for the wait.

Based on her fingerprint situation I was expecting to hear something from Austin within a couple of weeks since I was sure she would have to have it done again, but at the end of 30 days still nothing I decided to give it a couple of more days then I would call.

On May 8th, I called Austin and explained the situation and asked what might be the time she would hear about have to have it done again. A check on the application showed it had just cleared fingerprint check that day and was moving to background check, I was amazed they accepted 1 print but the guy on the phone said there was a slim possibility that since she had prints on file already (several sets over the years) they may have compared and used them. In any case he also checked my application and it was in a similar status. I asked about the online status report and he said it updates in the evening for whatever happens that day. Sure enough when I looked the next day (5/9/2013) it reflected that all paperwork and fingerprints were done and it was pending background checks.

A daily check from that day online showed background check completed and moved to manufacturing on 5/21/2013.

The next day it showed mailed. I, like others here, realized that didn't really mean it was in the mail on 5/22/2013 but that it was finished being produced and sent to the mailing room.

We received them on May 28th, but that was the first mail delivery day after the Memorial Day holiday. :cool:

Total time from us mailing until us having them in hand, 56 days.

illixir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Colorado City
    Hopefully my recent experience will lend some perspective to those of you who find this thread and are waiting.

My wife and I finished our class and scheduled our fingerprinting after doing the online application. Fingerprinting was scheduled for April 2, 2013. Based on the fingerprinting results shown when being done, mine should cause no problems, but my wife's, as expected (she is a nurse practitioner and fingerprints have all be disappeared from washing constantly) showed rejected on all but 1 print. The last time she was fingerprinted for the TX Nursing Board (random check) it took three trips and finally they had to do it on paper. In any case we mailed off our materials that afternoon (4/2/2013) and then settled in for the wait.

Based on her fingerprint situation I was expecting to hear something from Austin within a couple of weeks since I was sure she would have to have it done again, but at the end of 30 days still nothing I decided to give it a couple of more days then I would call.

On May 8th, I called Austin and explained the situation and asked what might be the time she would hear about have to have it done again. A check on the application showed it had just cleared fingerprint check that day and was moving to background check, I was amazed they accepted 1 print but the guy on the phone said there was a slim possibility that since she had prints on file already (several sets over the years) they may have compared and used them. In any case he also checked my application and it was in a similar status. I asked about the online status report and he said it updates in the evening for whatever happens that day. Sure enough when I looked the next day (5/9/2013) it reflected that all paperwork and fingerprints were done and it was pending background checks.

A daily check from that day online showed background check completed and moved to manufacturing on 5/21/2013.

The next day it showed mailed. I, like others here, realized that didn't really mean it was in the mail on 5/22/2013 but that it was finished being produced and sent to the mailing room.

We received them on May 28th, but that was the first mail delivery day after the Memorial Day holiday. :cool:

Total time from us mailing until us having them in hand, 56 days.

I was printed and mailed mine on April 4th, and mine is still in the background under review stage. This wait is killing me.

loumaag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2013
    Katy, TX
    I was printed and mailed mine on April 4th, and mine is still in the background under review stage. This wait is killing me.
    Assuming you aren't having a background issue, I bet it changes almost any day now. I am just betting that based on the mood of the country in general and here in TX, the CHL application rate is skyrocketing; hence, longer processing time. When we took the class, our instructor told us the typical turn around was about 45 days. Well we added 10 days to that for us. I am guessing it will just get longer as time goes on for a while.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom