• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    17 hours to go, if you are able to tune in for the live stream then you will witness honorable American history in progress.
    Capitol Armory ad

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Is it going to play on this embeded video link? Noon Central?

To the best of my knowledge yes it will, they had this on the front page of Battle For Veterans website and when I clicked to open in YouTube it talks about the live streaming so I do believe it is going to be coming through YouTube. If you click play it brings the countdown up for now, and yes Cali is two hours behind us so it will be noon our time tomorrow. I believe they are going to have the ceremony in the 62 area of Camp Pendleton, if so then that's where I lived and worked before I got married and while I wasn't deployed.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Unfortunately I had to work and missed the live stream however you can still watch the recorded ceremony if you want by using the same link (video embedded in post #20 and quoted in #22). I just cracked open a beer and am about to watch it myself, it looks to be about an hour long so I'll see you guys in an hour.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    That was amazing and very hard at the same time I'm still fighting back tears, the wind was pissing me off and the fact that I couldn't hear my former commanding officers speach did as well. I would have given anything to have been standing there with my brothers today, I saw a lot of guys I know and it was good to see my old unit and stomping grounds.

I raise my glass to honor one of the finest men I will ever meet, Matthew we will never forget, Semper Fidelis brother may your family finally have some peace and may Carson grow to know the man that his father was.

I took an awesome screen shot from the video but photobucket isn't letting me upload right now so I will later.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    I only got to watch the first 15 minutes. It was just a busy day at work, but man it is hard for me to make it through that more than 15 minutes at a time. Hell I got teary eyed watching Private Ryan, the real deal is like twisting a knife in my heart.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Well done good and faithful servant.
    I'm still cussing the slow connection but patience will prevail.
    I do my best to Honor the brave men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice for my country.
    Thank you one and all.
    I raise my glass to you TXDARKHORSE361 and to your fallen commrade.
    GOD Bless and keep you and yours.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I only got to watch the first 15 minutes. It was just a busy day at work, but man it is hard for me to make it through that more than 15 minutes at a time. Hell I got teary eyed watching Private Ryan, the real deal is like twisting a knife in my heart.

I definitely recommend watching the part where MajGen Bailey talks about Matt, I've met Mr. Bailey when they were doing a road show (visiting all the battalions under their command) seemed like a pretty good guy for a general officer. And the actual reading of his citation. I think the hardest parts for me were the playing of amazing grace and when they handed the medal to his wife and the citation to his young son. I've unfortunately attended quite a few memorial services for men I've known personally and I'm always good until the roll call, it is one of the most beautiful and sadistic things to do, they call names of people who are there and then the fallen followed by a bell. Like this: Sgt Smith, he replies present, Sgt Abbate....silence, Sgt Abbate.....silence, SGT ABBATE!......silence.......ding, Idk why but when they call the name with no response I lose my bearing and the tears start flowing. I do not regret attending a single one of those though.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Well done good and faithful servant.
    I'm still cussing the slow connection but patience will prevail.
    I do my best to Honor the brave men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice for my country.
    Thank you one and all.
    I raise my glass to you TXDARKHORSE361 and to your fallen commrade.
    GOD Bless and keep you and yours.

Support our troops and remember those who gave their all, that's the American way.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Didn't get to see it live. Watching it now. Very powerful ceremnoy. Wish they could get the tech issues sorted out.

I do to, have talked to friends that were able to attend and they said it was a really good ceremony over all. Some of Matt's family had gone to Big Helen's bar in San Clemente later that night with his friends and had drinks and shared stories, now hating even more that I wasn't there in person to share this with them.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Ok I just remembered to try this again, this is a screenshot I took from the video and for some reason a really hard part for me to see, RIP brother we miss you everyday.

Screenshot2012-08-10at65228PM.png

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Just like the one Officer said at the ceremony, Sgt. Abbate lives on in his friends, family, and the lives of those he touched. Your brother is looking down and smiling by the way you honor him.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Just like the one Officer said at the ceremony, Sgt. Abbate lives on in his friends, family, and the lives of those he touched. Your brother is looking down and smiling by the way you honor him.

Thank you for the kind words, I really would like to meet you in person Scott you seem like a very level headed individual that I would get along with, hopefully I'll be able to make the next hicksville shoot or I have a few friends in the Houston area so maybe I could cruise up for a Houston group range day some time.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Thank you for the kind words, I really would like to meet you in person Scott you seem like a very level headed individual that I would get along with, hopefully I'll be able to make the next hicksville shoot or I have a few friends in the Houston area so maybe I could cruise up for a Houston group range day some time.

Thanks man, likewise. I have family that serve(and my father is a disabled vet) so I have immense respect for all who wear the uniform and fight for our country. Your friend's sacrifice is the greatest, and most selfless, gift anyone can give. While certain threads on this site get bumped repeatedly, I'm a little disappointed more people haven't posted here and paid their respects.

Not sure if you've seen our monthly Rimfire challenge, but I've been considering trying to come up with a way to honor a new fallen Hero each month we do it. IF I come up with a tasteful way of doing it, I would like to have Sgt. Abbate be one of, if not, the first Hero's we honor. If you have any ideas, please feel free to PM me. In fact, feel free to PM anytime for any reason. And most of all, thank YOU for YOUR service.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Yes I have seen it and if I had something to participate with I would, just got a 22 conversion kit for my 1911 but we'll see what the future holds. And that is a great idea, a few of our fallen were from Texas I know two of them were from Orange Grove (LCpl Colton Rusk) and Mathis (LCpl Jose Maldonado) because I'm from Corpus it hit my area hard. I will find out for sure where the other Texas boys were from and post it up here. And thank you to your family for their service and sacrifice.

Our 25 fallen

DarkhorseFallen.jpg

Top Bottom