• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthpawARM4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Harker Heights
    I just recently received a Sightmark Red Dot system & 3x Magnifier. Both work great for my style of shooting on my DPMS Panther. I have used both Trijicon and EOTech and have come to the conclusion, that I do not care for either one for my shooting, I am not saying that they are bad, just not that great for me. I do own now one Trijicon, EOTech, and now the Sightmark, and I have to say it is a matter of choice, comfort, and testing each one to find what it is you feel comfortable with. Not everyone likes one or the other.
    Get them, try them, and if you like it keep it, if you dont like the model, wait and see if it fits something else you have or sale them off.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    So I ended up with a Vortex Strikefire. $139 new. Can't complain other than it's a 4 MOA DOT so pretty much 100 yds is pushing tight groupings. I was still able to do < 3" groupings on my LR-308 which is a sub MOA gun with a decent scope (tried out a buddy's spare). I'm happy with it and may eventually save up for a more expensive one but then again may not. Going to put this one through some stress trials and if it holds up and holds zero, I'll stick with it m

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Read ALL reviews first from our guys in the field

Okay, so I don't want to spark a which is better (which I am sure it will) but I am curious to know what the real differences are other then specs. I know all red dots are reflex sites but not sure if the parallax thing is a big deal or not. Like the holo sight, but does anyone make a true holographic sight besides EOTech? Is it worth it to spend $400+ on a name brand red dot?

Thoughts to written word from my EVO LTE

I recently made a purchase for my AR. Before doing so I got on several military websites as well as read product reviews from our guys in Iraq and Afghanistan. From their recommendations I bought an EoTech EXPS3, with the transverse mounted battery. I don't remember reading a single negative review about it and the fact that it is NVG compatible sold me on it. I've had it for a month now, which I know is no real test but it's built like a tank, the zero hasn't shifted, and with 20 power levels I've been able to find a setting for any light level. I shopped around and was able to get one for $610.00 shipping included. Now, if I can find a pair of Gen 3 NVGs for a reasonable price, I'll be as happy as a jihadist on a sheep ranch!

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Based on discussions with my son and all his friends that went to the sandbox, eotech is what I'm getting. Holds a zero better than the others they used.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom