• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Im surprised to see only 1 little piggie....

Attachments

• little piggie.jpg
      little piggie.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 154

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Don't let that fat sow eat up all your deer corn ! What do you put em' down with ?

Actually with last year's drought, pigs sorta disappeared off the ranch.... no sustainable water supply.... we tried hauling water, but that worked only for a little while. Now that deer season is over and the with the recent rains.... its hog hunting time... we set up lights by another feeder. I shot them with my AR before and my brother in law with his 270. Do you get a chance to do any hog hunting? where?

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I head down to Pearsall every year to deer hunt at a friends place. His family has over 800 acres down there. This year I struck out with the deer(nothing over 8 pts) but put down 4 hogs and my friends shot a pair. My friends shot them on the run using a berettta storm rifle in 40S&W. I was using my 280 which has dispatched over a dozen of them in the last 3 or 4 years. I might put a post up showing the results of the 162gr A-max bullet vs a hog at 200 yds. I would never shoot a deer with one after witnessing it's explosive expansion. The population down there has come on strong in the last decade and hasn't faded a bit even with heavy trapping and hunting.

GrumpyOldTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Brenham, Texas
    Here's a couple of pics of pigs we shot on our lease in east Texas near Buffalo. Oops. It wouldn't let me download but one, I'll add the other ones in another post. Larry's Big Pig (2).jpg

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Just got invited to go hunt piggies on a little 400 acre ranch... Camping and hog hunting.. Does it get any better than that! It's all about respecting the land and the land owner, when they are comfortable with you, then you get the invites.. Then just don't screw up and you have a friend for life...

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Just got invited to go hunt piggies on a little 400 acre ranch... Camping and hog hunting.. Does it get any better than that! It's all about respecting the land and the land owner, when they are comfortable with you, then you get the invites.. Then just don't screw up and you have a friend for life...

400 acres is plenty for hog hunting..... hope you have a blast.... post some pics....

GrumpyOldTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Brenham, Texas
    CAR-15 .223 55gr. fmj 4 shots 1 hit to the body trotting at 150 yards. 1 miss behind him after he turned around and started running back where he came from. 1 hit running wide open at 175 yards that flipped him and dropped him, and 1 more to the back of the head to keep him down. 3rd shot was the luckiest shot I ever made. Glad I had my grandson and best buddy as a witness.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Just got done shooting them from a helicopter down around Matagorda last Sunday... Now that is FUN!

My BIL and I were there Saturday. Most fun I've had in a long time.

[video=youtube;3ht7NiBqm8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ht7NiBqm8Y&context=C351a183ADOEgsToPDskLt DBXaVDNmBwzUKZG5s4h4[/video]

Top Bottom