Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Agreed. A 30.07 sign just means put your shirt over it and don't be a dumbass. Or, if you're going grocery shopping, plan ahead instead of throwing a tantrum. All the angst is silly.
    When I'm open carrying, I walk up to the entrance to HEB with the firearm visible. I literally pull out my T-shirt and put it over the pistol as I step across the threshold.

They know I'm carrying and they know what I feel about their signage. Everybody comes out ahead, I think.
    ARJ Defense ad

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Back in '84 when my late wife started to work for SAPD, one of the officers asked her if she had a pistol to carry.
    She did, but knew it wasn't legal.
    He told her "It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6."
    She carried everyday after that.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    When I'm open carrying, I walk up to the entrance to HEB with the firearm visible. I literally pull out my T-shirt and put it over the pistol as I step across the threshold.

They know I'm carrying and they know what I feel about their signage. Everybody comes out ahead, I think.
    I do the same only as I'm walking from my car. One time two guys behind said I hope he doesn't shoot anyone. I think they were letting me know they saw me. No worries.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I haven't seen a sign on my HEB, I was just there about 4 hours ago.

Most of the ones I've been to the last few years have a 30.07 by the front door, in white, on the glass, just above ground level...and there's usually stuff on the concrete in front of it. The sign's there, but you have to hunt for it. Which essentially means it might as well not be there.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Most of the ones I've been to the last few years have a 30.07 by the front door, in white, on the glass, just above ground level...and there's usually stuff on the concrete in front of it. The sign's there, but you have to hunt for it. Which essentially means it might as well not be there.
    The sliding doors really make it hard, but it there on every H-E-B I have been to

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    If it ain"t clearly visible by law, I'm not looking for it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    If it ain"t clearly visible by law, I'm not looking for it.
    <>

Once we went with a groiup for snacks at a lagoon-side cafe on South Padre. After an hour, I headed for the restroom, around a corner, there was the big red « 51% sign », but it couldn’t be seen at the entrance, nor from most of the seats inside, nor from most seats out on the deck.

Why does the legislature think it is appropriate to punish licensees more severely than actual criminals ?

That has to be caused by « Industry Lobbyists » !

<>

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    <>

Once we went with a groiup for snacks at a lagoon-side cafe on South Padre. After an hour, I headed for the restroom, around a corner, there was the big red « 51% sign », but it couldn’t be seen at the entrance, nor from most of the seats inside, nor from most seats out on the deck.

Why does the legislature think it is appropriate to punish licensees more severely than actual criminals ?

<>
    The laws written are directed at law abiding citizens, not the criminals who are going to ignore them anyway. I don't see the legislature punishing licensees more severely than actual criminals as you write. Just follow the rules as they already knew you would when written. And can always be a member of the "shirt tail out crowd" and not open carry to begin with.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

<>

And how exactly were you punished in this instance? You saw an invalid 51% sign. Did a SWAT team immediately descend from the rafters and arrest you?

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    The laws written are directed at law abiding citizens, not the criminals who are going to ignore them anyway. I don't see the legislature punishing licensees more severely than actual criminals as you write. Just follow the rules as they already knew you would when written. And can always be a member of the "shirt tail out crowd" and not open carry to begin with.
    THATS ME

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I generally don’t care what most of those signs say, but my PPD is always concealed.
    I will not carry into a medical facility that is posted, a post office, a school, a 51% joint (don’t go to those anyway), and non-family private homes.
    All of my family know I carry and they depend on me doing so. Especially when we all go out to eat together.
    At the movie theater I haven't carried but they always check my wife's handbag or purse to be sure she isn't, never check me.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Armybrat,

I'm with you with all but one: 30.06

Not because I'm afraid of it's consequences should I breach the sign...no...because I won't do business with any 'retail' business that displays such a sign.

The best liquor store within 50 miles of me is posted 30.06. I won't spend a single cent there, and I did let them know why. I'm not afraid to shop around or drive further for a bottle of good Scotch...where I'm not viewed as an enemy and where criminals don't enjoy protection.

Top Bottom