• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flashhole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Currently trying to buy a home in Azle, TX. NY home closing was delayed over three weeks. Thank you Navy Ferderal. Finally got closed and are free of contingencies. Wells Fargo is good to work with, at least the guy we are working with is.

Azle property only has the house (nice house) and that's all there is. We had a 6 bedroom home with a full basement, 2-car garage and a barn. This place is just the house, no basement, no garage, no barn. Will have to add the other things just to put stuff.

Wife has two mares, one with a foal. They are here in TX.

All our stuff is still in storage in NY. Fastest we can close is 3 weeks. We're in our Options phase doing inspections. That lasts one week. Home inspection went well yesterday, now for the survey and septic. Andy Rees was our home inspector. Yes, I would recommend him if you need a home inspection.
    Lynx Defense

OMer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    moved out to ft worth for work 5 years ago at meacham airport, no jobs in illinois. do know of a place about 30 minutes south of here on some land where there is NOT ONE teenage range officer to bug ya, landowner asks for 10 bucks donation everytime i go out there or its 75 a year. blow shit up too. pistol range is 33 yds...rifle range...farthest i took it was about 400 yards.
    Hi
    I kind of turned off big ways on my local range and I am looking new range like you mention an open place, can you give me more information or mail me about it. liveintexas@hotmail.com Thank you...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Currently trying to buy a home in Azle, TX. NY home closing was delayed over three weeks. Thank you Navy Ferderal. Finally got closed and are free of contingencies. Wells Fargo is good to work with, at least the guy we are working with is.

Azle property only has the house (nice house) and that's all there is. We had a 6 bedroom home with a full basement, 2-car garage and a barn. This place is just the house, no basement, no garage, no barn. Will have to add the other things just to put stuff.

All our stuff is still in storage in NY. Fastest we can close is 3 weeks. We're in our Options phase doing inspections. That lasts one week. Home inspection went well yesterday, now for the survey and septic. Andy Rees was our home inspector. Yes, I would recommend him if you need a home inspection.
    Hope everything works out for you.

verge

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth

How did it work out for you Flashhole? My wife teaches 5th grade in Azle. We live right up 730 in Boyd.

dohc97

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2017
    Maryland
    My wife and I were in the DFW area last week looking at the neighborhoods. We are currently in MD now but plan to retire to TX in 4 years. We were in the Denton, Hasllet, Saginaw, Forney, Heartland, McKinney, Melissa area.

flashhole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    We closed on our Azle home on 31 July. Spent the first 5 days sleeping on the floor with a sleeping bag, the second 5 days sleeping on a hide-a-bed that was the only piece of furniture in the house.

New fridge, washer and dryer were delivered and installed on day two.

Hung curtain rods for the wife in two bedrooms and a hallway.

Had the well head raised above ground level and a 3000 gallon storage tank installed. That was an adventure. Made accommodations for a water line to be run to the horse area but still have to drop the line. The hoses will do for now. Tore down the decorative rock around the well head and used it around two trees in the front of the house.

Household goods arrived on 10 August. American Van Lines beat the chit our of our stuff. Have to file a damage claim but we bought the zero $ deductible coverage. We still have lots of boxes to unpack but are making progress.

Got the beds assembled on the first day the household goods arrived. Slept like a rock.

Had a 16' x 20' storage shed built on site. Sterling Sheds on Hwy 199 is a great outfit. Gave me a smokin deal on the shed. Been moving stuff into the shed, still have to build a ramp to drive the mower in. Should have that complete this weekend. Will also wire the shed and use my generator when I need to use it as a workshop. Already built a pad out of 8"x16"x4" pavers for the generator.

Bought a 54" kick butt Craftsman commercial grade zero turn mower at the Sears Outlet and have been reclaiming my 6 acres that were left untouched for several years. This commercial grade mower is a beast and I can't say enough good about it. It is every bit as strong as the 60" bush hog I had on a 29 hp tractor. The fabricated steel deck is very robust. About half the area I mowed had weeds and swamp grass about 5 feet tall. It rained for 4 days after I mowed and the new grass came up like it meant to take over. Now I just have to keep it cut to get rid of the weeds.

Reclaimed and mowed the pecan and peach orchard - zero turn mower was the way to go. 21 trees total. Had to get all the fallen and broken branches in a pile.

Pulled and pounded about 80 T-posts for an electric fence. Never sweat so much in my life. Wife moved the horses on site last Tuesday.

Built a temporary makeshift deck out of 4x4s I hauled from NY in the horse trailer and set up my Pilot Rock charcoal grill. Oh yeah, back in business! Maiden voyage in TX was some 2" thick T-bones.

Will have a 24' x 30' concrete pad poured for a car port and walk way in the next two weeks. Then drop some rock for a driveway and outline it with brick.

Just tonight I unpacked my reloading stuff. Will be awhile before I get it set up but I needed to do the inventory for the damage claim.

If I didn't have to go to work every day to earn a living I'd be done.

stickbowcoop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Springtown TX
    We moved from Pittsburgh PA to Springtown (not far from Azle) I January 2017. We had the same experiences, many houses sold while we were looking at them. Springtown is expanding too fast and I want to move already. We only have 2 acres so no shooting here, that's a bummer. My commute into DFW airport is anywhere from 48 minutes to an hour and a half. I thought Pittsburgh tunnel traffic was bad haha.

But anyway, a late welcome to Texas.

flashhole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Thanks, in a sense, we're neighbors.

A main reason we bought this place is the short commute time. I work right off exit 12 on the 820 loop. There is a "back way" to work that keeps me off of 199 and 820 but there is a school involved. Takes 22 minutes to get to work. If they ever open the parts of 199 under construction it might be a different story. Still, 199 does not have a clean tie into 820 so traffic will always be heavily congested there.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Exits on freeways are numbered closest to the mile marker. So if you're familiar with the 820 freeway loop it would be exit 12, about 12 miles from the start of the loop.

Thanks for NOTHING!!!! #1 it's a loop, comprehende? Let me say that again , IT'S A LOOP!!! Where does a circle start? I want an EXIT NAME....not a useless education on how hwys are numbered .

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom