• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Crab mentality, sometimes referred to as crabs in the bucket, describes a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither should you." The metaphor refers to a pot of crabs. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the pot, but instead, they grab at each other in a useless "king of the hill" competition (or sabotage) which prevents any from escaping and ensures their collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is that of a group that will attempt to "pull down" (negate or diminish the importance of) any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of jealousy, conspiracy or competitive feelings.

Unfortunately this is becoming more and more common, not just here and not just about this issue.. Sad really.. those are crabs with tiny brains, if they have them at all..not familiar with the crab brain.. We are humans, and should support one another, especially when the cause is similar by nature...

Just another reason we are doomed to Fail as a Nation one day..

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Crab mentality, sometimes referred to as crabs in the bucket, describes a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither should you." The metaphor refers to a pot of crabs. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the pot, but instead, they grab at each other in a useless "king of the hill" competition (or sabotage) which prevents any from escaping and ensures their collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is that of a group that will attempt to "pull down" (negate or diminish the importance of) any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of jealousy, conspiracy or competitive feelings.

Good post! This is one of the reasons that open carry didn't even get to the starting gate last session. Just one of the reasons.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    It was a good analogy!
    I got a serious question though: how many TGT members went to a seafood place for lunch today because of that post?

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I went to a Honky Tonk owned by a Asian woman and had a Quesadilla's. Nothin in there makes any sence.
    I'm sure it was better than that "Mexican" food place I went to in Japan back in 1993. :(
    ...their "hot sauce" was Tabasco sauce mixed with a little hot water. Don't even get me started on their enchiladas.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Tell ya what, scooter - what HAVE ya done? Because someone took the bull by the horns, did his best, and ended up w/this. This bill was rewritten by the folks that'll be in line to act on it, so they likely had a pretty good idea as to what was possible.

Who the **** is scooter and what have you done, you ignorant piece of shit, beside act like an ill mannered buffoon on an internet forum?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Sweet, I'm going to break that one out next time someone starts spouting class envy. :D Thanks!

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    It's just frustrating and incredibly petty that people cannot get behind something like this ... they'd rather pick it apart and boast about their own ideology.

Another giant leap of an assumption. Who said I did not support it? It is a step in the right direction. I said it would be a victory, not a great victory for all free Texans, just a victory.

Are gun owners not for the rights of gun owners, or are we solely after the rights of ourselves? Why can't people get behind good legislation that doesn't serve themselves in this community? We're all in this fight together, all gun owners are lumped into the same mold by our opposition.

Are WE for the rights of all gun owners of just a select few? If I help you pass the legislation that benefits you are you going to puff out your chest at how much you have accomplished then rest on your laurels and be happy with the great victory you have won, or will you continue the fight to see that all citizens are afforded all same protections?

Chosen few ... in 2010 the number of CHL licensees increased 20% ... 102,000 licenses were given out in 2010. The total number of licensed individuals today is over 500,000. That's half a million people that stand to gain something from this legislation. By putting guns out there in plain view, and taking that small step forward we are progressing the entirety of gun owner's rights.

The 2010 population of the state of Texas was 20,851,820. If there are 500,000 licensed that is approximately 2.4%. Not exactly a stunning majority.

A step, a small one, but a step in the right direction.

Frankly ... the CHL program is proof positive that law abiding citizens can be trusted to carry firearms in public. It has set the standard that we can rely upon to push for additional laws in regards to the public.

The officer you are talking to trust you and your permit so much he feels compelled to remove your firearm from you, unload it, and lock it in the trunk of your car before he departs the contact leaving you standing on a busy highway trying to return your firearm to a usable condition . Tell me it doesn't happen daily in Texas.

I just want to be sure that if this is won it does not stop here and put on hold until my son is my age and still working on this.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Do you have a boss at work? Do you do what he says, even when he's being an idiot or an ass? You take orders? You are a slave! Better to quit and live in the street and let your family starve.

That's your line of reasoning and it is weak.

You obviously have not seen the personnel file from any of my prior jobs.

Not any longer, I am self employed.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Who the **** is scooter and what have you done, you ignorant piece of shit, beside act like an ill mannered buffoon on an internet forum?
    Ill mannered? I call him pretty damn neutral and unbias.
    Ignorant, not even. Alan has always shown a lot of logic behind what he post. He has always been very helpful to anyone who has a question and I have never once seen him act like Ignorant.
    What has he done, well for starters he created this awsome website for you to show your ass on!
    Lose your attitude! Your making an ass of yourself! Untill you can come up with a better way to work this legislation just keep your ass off my threads.

Top Bottom