• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Exactly. The bump stock is pretty much useless. The bump stock is not dangerous. So why would anyone with half a brain support a bumpstock ban??? Because we think we are pulling the wool over the gun grabbers eyes by conceding our rights? Serious?

If we compromise and let the gun grabbers ban a pretty much useless object, guess what they will ban next.

Not one inch.
    The people who support the bump stock ban have no brains. As far as I know, it was only used at the Vegas shooting. I believe there were over 20,000 people packed like sardines in the area he was shooting at. He could have put on a blindfold and still shoot people. The same can be said of all the gun control legislation ever passed since 1968. There was nothing in them that would have ever prevented any shooting. They are looking to abolish and confiscate every firearm you own.
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    As an ex-military logistics manager in the Afghanistan theater, we track all the ammunition that comes in the theater and who has it and what was utilized. Inventories are also conducted. If you are issued a combat load it has to be accounted for by individual issue. We know pretty close what enemy casualties are.

While I don't discount your experience, my experience as a leader was if the -4 (logisticians) knew where everything was, there wouldn't be an ammo amnesty box on every corner and amnesty turn-ins once a month due to unaccounted for ammunition. It's a giant math game to balance the books.

I could also tell you that if we had control of the supply chain, I wouldn't have been sitting in Kabul during '12-'13 winter fighting season asking the -4 why were we still bringing planeload after planeload of vehicles into theater when there wasn't enough room in the supply chain to get out all the vehicles that needed to be out of theater by 31 Dec 14.

Literally each inbound strategic cargo mission would disgorge vehicles whose sole purpose in-theater was to go straight to the holding pen to add to the number that needed to be shipped out. It was funny listening to the CG lose his mind daily with the net positive change in outbound cargo requirements due to the previous day inbound offloads.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    While I don't discount your experience, my experience as a leader was if the -4 (logisticians) knew where everything was, there wouldn't be an ammo amnesty box on every corner and amnesty turn-ins once a month due to unaccounted for ammunition. It's a giant math game to balance the books.

I could also tell you that if we had control of the supply chain, I wouldn't have been sitting in Kabul during '12-'13 winter fighting season asking the -4 why were we still bringing planeload after planeload of vehicles into theater when there wasn't enough room in the supply chain to get out all the vehicles that needed to be out of theater by 31 Dec 14.

Literally each inbound strategic cargo mission would disgorge vehicles whose sole purpose in-theater was to go straight to the holding pen to add to the number that needed to be shipped out. It was funny listening to the CG lose his mind daily with the net positive change in outbound cargo requirements due to the previous day inbound offloads.

All I can account for is the years 2003&2004 anything later than that I couldn't tell you. The amnesty boxes are accounted for too. Soldiers had to sign a 2062 when they received a basic load of ammo. So we know what went out. If they were not in combat anywhere they better have what they signed for. Sure a Soldier could have held back a few if the commander certified the rounds were expended in combat. Even if we cut said estimate in half and said 150,000 rounds were expended per enemy. That is still too much don't you think?

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Even if we cut said estimate in half and said 150,000 rounds were expended per enemy. That is still too much don't you think?

I think it’s government math that gets to a number in a specific context.

Generally speaking, GAO math is ‘fully baked’ math at a minimum, and sometimes includes an extrapolation factor.

FrEX, it takes 440 pages of instructions on how to figure out a hammer ‘costs’ the government $600.

https://www.gao.gov/new.items/d093sp.pdf

And how that number came to be: https://www.govexec.com/federal-news/1998/12/the-myth-of-the-600-hammer/5271/

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Back to HB 357...Keep in mind when speaking with your legislators on this that Texas has had constitutional carry of long guns essentially since Reconstruction. There is should be no difference between who can constitutionally carry a long gun or a hand gun assuming the person is legally allowed to possess a firearm.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    The people who support the bump stock ban have no brains. As far as I know, it was only used at the Vegas shooting. I believe there were over 20,000 people packed like sardines in the area he was shooting at. He could have put on a blindfold and still shoot people. The same can be said of all the gun control legislation ever passed since 1968. There was nothing in them that would have ever prevented any shooting. They are looking to abolish and confiscate every firearm you own.

Prayers for the victims and families of the Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, France and all other senseless murderous attacks.

I hope one day law makers get all the bad guys to stop hurting people. As long as there are bad guys, I would rather have the bad guys firing indiscriminately and inaccurately than using precision fire and truck bombs.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Start with why. Ask him why it makes an LEOs job harder.

Because they said it would make their job harder...
    No hard evidence, just their opinion as law enforcement professionals. Which is why I am trying to gather both hard evidence which shows no correlation between Constitutional Carry and crime levels and also gather opinion statements from police and sheriffs in states which already have Constitutional Carry. If I can hit him with both of those, either he will change his mind or show himself to be an intellectually dishonest butter.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No hard evidence, just their opinion as law enforcement professionals. Which is why I am trying to gather both hard evidence which shows no correlation between Constitutional Carry and crime levels and also gather opinion statements from police and sheriffs in states which already have Constitutional Carry. If I can hit him with both of those, either he will change his mind or show himself to be an intellectually dishonest butter.
    Yeah, that's not an answer to why does it make an LEO's job harder. Maybe look to Arizona for examples.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Yeah, that's not an answer to why does it make an LEO's job harder. Maybe look to Arizona for examples.

Lets just say I was less than impressed with him during our initial interactions. I'm hoping to be able to compile enough evidence to persuade him, use as written testimony during the anticipated hearings on HB 357, and also share as a resource for anyone else who runs into the "police said it so it must be true" mindset when dealing with their legicritters.

I've already reached out to the Arizona Citizens Defense League, as well as 2A organizations in other states with Constitutional Carry. Next on the list is plowing through various academic journals for any possibly pro-2A research, though that is a "needle in the haystack" given academia's leftist slant.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Look at all the states that have passed unlicensed carry laws and their reported rates of violent crime, before and after

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    Lets just say I was less than impressed with him during our initial interactions. I'm hoping to be able to compile enough evidence to persuade him, use as written testimony during the anticipated hearings on HB 357, and also share as a resource for anyone else who runs into the "police said it so it must be true" mindset when dealing with their legicritters.

I've already reached out to the Arizona Citizens Defense League, as well as 2A organizations in other states with Constitutional Carry. Next on the list is plowing through various academic journals for any possibly pro-2A research, though that is a "needle in the haystack" given academia's leftist slant.
    Evidence is good, and there will be a lot of that brought up if it comes to a vote. The main thing though is all the Reps and Senators need to feel pressure from lots of constituents. We need all our neighboring gun buddies calling them. The bill needs to make it out of committee and onto the floor. After that, I doubt there are that very many ambitious Republicans in Texas who want to be on the record voting no on a bill called Constitutional Carry.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    If they are like the Houston police chief and Harris County sheriff they are LIBERAL STINKING,LYING DIMOCRAPS.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Way back when I was a Captain in the Medical Corps, U S Army Reserves, I was encouraged to shoot as much as I could. The "Regulars" thought that a Physician who could actually hit things was an oddity. Indeed, during our rare "qualifications", I functioned sorta like an assistant range-master. Later, I was given ammo as incentive to do more work than they could actually pay me for. This was so inviting to me that I actually bought special weapons to use their ammo, which was limited to .38SPL, .45ACP, 5.56, & military .308's. All the Sergeants ever asked was for the brass back. That was during the 1970's @ Corpus Christi Reserves Center, Fort Sam Houston, Camp Bullis, Fort Hood, RRAD, etc.

leVieux

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    from my understanding

The committees that are approving "gun" bills are now led by anti gunners so for a good gun bill to see the light of day is not very good.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Having discussed this general issue with politicians from both sides of the Rio Sabine for decades; "reverends" & "pastors" are our great ignorant enemies in this area. Everyone should try to educate their own pastor on what this means, and whom it would benefit. leVieux

Top Bottom