• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I've got a pretty good wife. My birthday is coming up in a few days, and she got me an X300 Ultra to replace the Streamlight TLR-9 on my duty pistol.

After a recent training class, the benefits of a grip activation switch became readily apparent. Having a blindingly, painfully bright flashlight is also a very good thing. The TLR-9 is no slouch when it comes to raw horsepower - its a 1000 lumen light - but where it lags is the application of said output - at 1000 lumens it does not have quite the same hot spot / punch as the SureFire does. The SureFire has a warmer color tone to the light - which means you get better target identification, as something cannot reflect light waves it doesnt' get - the SureFire's warmer color means its putting out a broader spectrum of light, and thus your eyes will get a broader spectrum back. The SureFire's tighter beam throws better / farther as well, given how big my property is, that's a bonus.

Without going up to the class of lights over $300, this is about as good as it gets. Waiting to see what Cloud Defensive's EPL is like when it releases before I think about switching up lights again.

IMG_2797.jpeg
    IMG_2802.jpeg
    Target Sports

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Congrats on a good wife and up coming Big Day. Surefire makes no garbage. Hopefully you don't get addicted to their products.

Probably better if I get addicted to SureFires than more expensive beasts. Maybe Cloud taking their sweet ass time getting their EPL to market will save me a few bucks in the long run, because if I get an EPL and it blows everything else out of the water, then I'd probably want a REIN for a rifle, and an MCH for my main working flash light, next thing I know I've got $2000 wrapped up in frickin flashlights. :roflfunny: SureFires are reasonable by that standards.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Thanks all for the early B-day wishes. Wife insists she drop by lunch to me on my actual B-day this year too. I need to come up with an idea other than Whataburger or Subway (the former is alright, but getting old. The later in my opinion doesn't even qualify as food and I'd spend the remainder of the day burping up undigestable rectangles of "lettuce") - I'd suggest home cooked lunch for her to do, but my birthday is Wednesday, and she's got bible study all morning long so she says she's going to grab something to drop off after she's out. Kinda wish we had a couple more decent options in old town Mag. My favorite taco place local is a bit of a trek down toward Field Store and back, or I'd suggest that to her.

Top Bottom