• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    How many times have you moved from CA to TX and vice versa?
    That's not what I said, you need a better imagination, or maybe think before you speak.

I've bought several in CA from other people, we meet up at the FFL and do the whole process. A couple of those were off-roster. That's how I know it's possible. On the forums, the off-roster ones are marked up a lot more by the private sellers. I'm right. Stop trying to find fault in what I'm say.

When are you leaving. ASAP would be nice.
    geezus what is up with all this hate. Man... I was wrong about TX being friendly, it's only in person, but online, Texans are no better than disgusting liberals. all I did was truthfully and accurately answer the prompt of this post, y'all need some help.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    It will go through a dealer, and I'm allowed to sell off-roster guns that way. Only the dealer can't sell them. It literally says so in statute you cited. Not sure why you guys are so convinced I'm going to do something wrong, I'm literally from CA and have done this several times. off-roster guns are all the rage on the CA version of TGT.
    This is my understanding as well.
    On the forums, the off-roster ones are marked up a lot more by the private sellers...

geezus what is up with all this hate.
    Probably a bad first impression that you didn't try to fix when challenged:
    Just joined to sell a pistol, but also stocking up before my eventual move back to CA.
    You have two strikes against you. First, you readily admit your sole purpose in joining is for us to buy your unwanted guns. Yet, most of us choose not to buy from strangers off the street, but friends on this forum. The former is too risky. Second, you WANT to move to CA and that says something about your commitment to the singular purpose of this forum. I know there are plenty of good gun people in CA but it still contributes to a bad first impression, at least until it is reversed. Good luck making bank on those off roster guns.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    That's not what I said, you need a better imagination, or maybe think before you speak.

I've bought several in CA from other people, we meet up at the FFL and do the whole process. A couple of those were off-roster. That's how I know it's possible. On the forums, the off-roster ones are marked up a lot more by the private sellers. I'm right. Stop trying to find fault in what I'm say.

geezus what is up with all this hate. Man... I was wrong about TX being friendly, it's only in person, but online, Texans are no better than disgusting liberals. all I did was truthfully and accurately answer the prompt of this post, y'all need some help.
    Frankly, it's surprising you're capable of putting together somewhat coherent sentences while also posting things like this.... https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/what-gun-did-you-buy-today.72599/post-3067118
    You know all about buying and selling firearms and we should take your word for it but you can't figure out where a sling goes on an AR type 22lr...something ain't right.

Last edited:

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    Head on back to cali... take your funky energy with you... bye now.
    1711602668728.png

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Kinda difficult to figure the gun market out sometimes.
    Look at .40SW caliber guns. 15-20yrs ago they were the hotness. Nowadays you can't give one away.
    I'll take all the free 40 S&W caliber gun's. I've always been a fan of the 40 S&W.
    Never cared for the 9mm, had a Beretta 92 in the 80's for a couple weeks, and got rid of it after I shot a box of ammo out of it.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'll take all the free 40 S&W caliber gun's. I've always been a fan of the 40 S&W.
    Never cared for the 9mm, had a Beretta 92 in the 80's for a couple weeks, and got rid of it after I shot a box of ammo out of it.
    I only bought a Beretta M9. as a 1911 wasn't allowed in the Guard-Reserve pistol Matches. The Beretta isn't a carry gun, but I still have a few. They were followed by several 1911 9mm pistols. As my wife preferred a 40 S&W, there a few in the safe. The 45acp and 9mm pistols get the majority of my range and carry time.

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    This is my understanding as well.

Probably a bad first impression that you didn't try to fix when challenged:

You have two strikes against you. First, you readily admit your sole purpose in joining is for us to buy your unwanted guns. Yet, most of us choose not to buy from strangers off the street, but friends on this forum. The former is too risky. Second, you WANT to move to CA and that says something about your commitment to the singular purpose of this forum. I know there are plenty of good gun people in CA but it still contributes to a bad first impression, at least until it is reversed. Good luck making bank on those off roster guns.
    wow, so that's gonna follow me around in all unrelated threads now?? That's just wrong. If I made a thread for selling and nobody ends up buying it, then so be it, but this hate is getting out of control.

Frankly, it's surprising you're capable of putting together somewhat coherent sentences while also posting things like this.... https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/what-gun-did-you-buy-today.72599/post-3067118
    You know all about buying and selling firearms and we should take your word for it but you can't figure out where a sling goes on an AR type 22lr...something ain't right.
    first rifle bro, and thanks to a reply I got, I learned, I got something positive about that, but you guys are just bringing me down. I have a ton of pistols and have never been interested in long guns. Why is that so hard to understand? I have niche knowledge and very little elsewhere. You guys seem to think that someone must have equal amount of knowledge in every subject or something, that if I know a lot about buying and selling in several different states, that I also must know a lot about long guns. Considering how poor this logic is, I wouldn't be worried if other people being able to make complete sentences or not. tbh, I don't actually believe your logic is bad, you guys are just purposefully trolling me now. tbh, that ain't cool and the only thing that ain't right is your guy's cult behavior and witchhunting, trying to find fault in every detail I post.

Last edited:

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    Is that some chum in the water I see?
    Is it not true though? Because of some negative perception, now my posts are being scrutinized coupled with suggestions I should leave. That's a witchhunt, it's unequal treatment. And the likes dogpiling on posts calling me out signals group think because you guys are against me for irrational reasons. I haven't hurt anyone, stolen from anyone, had a bad range session with anyone, or met with anyone, it's irrational what you guys are doing.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Is it not true though? Because of some negative perception, now my posts are being scrutinized coupled with suggestions I should leave. That's a witchhunt, it's unequal treatment. And the likes dogpiling on posts calling me out signals group think because you guys are against me for irrational reasons. I haven't hurt anyone, stolen from anyone, had a bad range session with anyone, or met with anyone, it's irrational what you guys are doing.
    We had a meeting... and decided we are going to charge you per word to post.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    wow, so that's gonna follow me around in all unrelated threads now??
    Based on your equally combative responses to members, to include my mostly helpful advice post...yes, I think it will follow you around.

But to help the OP get this thread back on topic, I'll model a way out for you:

"Hey guys, I think we got off on the wrong foot. While I initially joined this group to offload some guns, I have since discovered this forum has much more to offer than a bunch of fat wallets. Your straightforward--sometimes brutal--advice has helped me learn more about my hobby, and so I plan to stick around this TX forum even after I move to CA. Regarding my voluntary move to CA, please do not interpret that as supporting their anti-2A laws or their liberal, anti-capitalist, anti-freedom, and overall anti-American sentiments. I am proud to say I am moving there to head up the GOA's defense of Californians 2A rights, and unfortunately that means sacrificing my access to good guns, accessories, and good people. By the way, when's the next in-person shoot or lunch meeting in my area?"

There, that wasn't so hard.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Almost everyone here has been challenged on a post or two that they've made, including myself. It is how you handle it that shows everyone your character. I'm not alone when I say that I type then delete more posts after some reflection than I actually post. Not everyone is going to agree with our posts and not everyone is silent about their disagreement. Understand that. Also know that talking to the person(s) directly through PM is much preferable than a shit throwing contest publicly.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Almost everyone here has been challenged on a post or two that they've made, including myself. It is how you handle it that shows everyone your character. I'm not alone when I say that I type then delete more posts after some reflection than I actually post. Not everyone is going to agree with our posts and not everyone is silent about their disagreement. Understand that. Also know that talking to the person(s) directly through PM is much preferable than a shit throwing contest publicly.
    The ctrl+a delete struggle is real.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    right, a cult meeting to deal with the outsider, of course...
    I'm just teasing you. You sound kinda young; you'll get the hang of this place.

I'd suggest lurking- read a bunch of the older stuff to get a feel. I'd also strongly suggest meeting some of the folks on here- go to a meetup/shoot/lunch.

I met another great TGT'er just today. I am astonished at the quality of the mebership here- I did the Lifetime Member thing right away- felt like home.

Top Bottom