Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Come to think of it, I probably have a dozen junk guns worth less than $50. I probably wouldn't have to go to the hardware store to turn a profit.

I started the thread as a bit of a joke but now I'm considering it in a more positive light.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Come to think of it, I probably have a dozen junk guns worth less than $50. I probably wouldn't have to go to the hardware store to turn a profit.

I started the thread as a bit of a joke but now I'm considering it in a more positive light.
    Ben, they would be so proud of you, they could say the buy back was working and got dozens of guns off the street.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Wait a minute..... The POLICE--- who are charged with enforcing the LAW, are not going to arrest someone who turns in a fully automatic firearm. A firearm that is in violation Texas and Federal law unless the possesser has a Tax Stamp. That is not only criminal, it is unethical, stupid and dangerous. But then, look who is facilitating this mess.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Wait a minute..... The POLICE--- who are charged with enforcing the LAW, are not going to arrest someone who turns in a fully automatic firearm. A firearm that is in violation Texas and Federal law unless the possesser has a Tax Stamp. That is not only criminal, it is unethical, stupid and dangerous. But then, look who is facilitating this mess.
    I've read a couple of heartbreaking cases where an old widow showed up at these buybacks with her deceased husband's unregistered WWII bring-back. IIRC, one was a Stg. 44.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    LMAO. A rifle is:
    • A rifle is a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel.
    I'mma gonna start calling my long guns a rifle with a long spirally grooved barrel.

What's long?
    What happens with a twist rate barrel? Do you get twice the gift card points back? Where is the gift card to? - Academy, Cabelas or something - sounds ok. Hobby Lobby?

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    LMAO. A rifle is:
    • A rifle is a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel.
    I'mma gonna start calling my long guns a rifle with a long spirally grooved barrel.

What's long?
    What happens with a twist rate barrel? Do you get twice the gift card points back? Where is the gift card to? - Academy, Cabelas or something - sounds ok. Hobby Lobby?
    Popeye's

Top Bottom