Texas SOT

Guess who is in the horsepistol with a broken hip..femur!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Saturday there was no scheduled therapy for me. I think my muscles needed the break. I did crash a group therapy session which was being held right outside my room door. Ot was range of motion stuff.

Today is going to be much the same as yesterday. Apparently therapy is so many hours a week and weekend therapy is make up for what you missed.
    I've got some stuff to do today.
    If I finish early enough, I'll try to get by for another visit.
    Hurley's Gold

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Well it's been awhile sine I posted. Tuesday and I went to the surgeon's office and she removed all Mobility restrictions such as bending past 90° or crossing my legs or anything else which is good. She said I could drive whenever I felt like it so there's no restriction there and back to the rehab place I went. Gradually gradually my strength has been increasing I can put more weight but not always on my right leg yet and I am walking further and further with a walker.

My tentative release date is November 30th and I have a lot of progress to make before that can become a reality. My therapists seem to think I'm making great progress in the last few days and I have been getting in and out of bed in and out of the wheelchair Etc unassisted and unsupervised.

So all of y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving and remember the turkey you save may run for Congress.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Well it's been awhile sine I posted. Tuesday and I went to the surgeon's office and she removed all Mobility restrictions such as bending past 90° or crossing my legs or anything else which is good. She said I could drive whenever I felt like it so there's no restriction there and back to the rehab place I went. Gradually gradually my strength has been increasing I can put more weight but not always on my right leg yet and I am walking further and further with a walker.

My tentative release date is November 30th and I have a lot of progress to make before that can become a reality. My therapists seem to think I'm making great progress in the last few days and I have been getting in and out of bed in and out of the wheelchair Etc unassisted and unsupervised.

So all of y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving and remember the turkey you save may run for Congress.

Glad your doing better. We're due for another visit. I have a few things to do in the morning.
    I'll try to swing by for a few minuets tomorrow.

ETA I assume your still at the rehab place. or are you at home now?

Last edited:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I hope everybody's Thanksgiving was better than mine. Started out in the rehab with usual therapy sessions and then call my wife to make sure she's ready to go to Thanksgiving dinner at her brothers and that's when the s*** happened.

Apparently the dog bit her on the leg a couple of days ago and it got infected and it's now swollen the size of a sequoia tree guess whose wife is in the emergency room and then admitted to the hospital at least overnight.

I was counting on her being able to take care of herself when I come home so I can take care of me well now I don't know what's going to happen oh well que sera

TXOFFSHORE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2023
    Tyler, TX
    No fair peeking at the answer.

It was I. I tripped and fell in the hallway whe attempting to go take a shower for a party. Naturally I landed where I couldn't crawl any where like to my phone which was 15 feet away. The wife (you may have a wife but I've got the wife) was in her shower so 911 couldn't be called for about an hour. I donwant to say the wife moves slow but it takes her an hour and a half to watch 60 minutes.

The whambulance showed up at 5 ish and I fell at 3:30 ish. You know somethings wrong when the EMTs know your name a knickname.

So it's 7:30 am and waiting on the quacks to come see me and plan for surgery. I've been living on morphine and Norco for pain. Awake all night counting flowers on the wall an solitaire till dawn.

I almost forgot, the EMTs had me on fentynal at first.
    Wild. Saw a lady that fell and lost her leg from infection because the EMT didn’t push her through triage

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Well they still think I am going home Thursday. I still can't walk 150 feet with a walker. Can't step up on a curb or navigate stairs.

Therapist had me try some stuff today some hurt like hell some I didn't feel safe doing. Almost lost my balance and started to fall. Another therapist caught me enough that I could grab the walker.

I had to explain to the therapist that I would put genuine effort into each exercise but I would also be the one to call halt if I feel it becoming unsafe. This was a new to me therapist who was doing an examination session. Naturally it was after they went over their release plans.

Fortunately the case manager explained that I could appeal the decision and would continue with therapy until a decision was made by an independent doc. Medicare deal.

Good news is that the VA is going to pick up the tab for my home therapy and some respite home care as well. New record for the VA, took less than 24 hours.

Also the wife will need some long term assistance with daily living stuff. Her brother, Mike, saw that now was the time. Not a care home but in home care. We hoped there would be a VA program but nope.

However there is a special comp deal which will pay me to pay for part of it, if we can get it approved.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Well it's still Friday and apparently I have a low hemoglobin blood count and they may not release me on Sunday until that comes up they may have to give me a transfusion I don't know where they're going to find vampire blood but that's their problem haha.

They also tried to do some cognitive test before releasing me it's required by Medicare they say. Fine they may be required to ask but I'm not required to answer I found it insulting and told them if they didn't know my cognitive level after working with me for 2 weeks they're in the wrong business

Top Bottom