• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, this is roughly a 50 mile radius circle from downtown.

Don't think we would add many if we went out to 60, but we do get quite a few more if we go to 90.

50miles_zpsad174148.png
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I like Bens idea, maybe we can shame the others into their own projects, then combine the results. :)

Somebody on fewer blocked lists ought to do that..................ijs.

Last edited:

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I double-checked Acera's list and the Google map and I think we're finally on the same page with all the listings.

If anyone cares to help, go to the map and pick out a few ranges you know about and let me know if there is any missing info from the comments. I've been adding pistol, rifle, trap, skeet, etc., as well as general distance such as 100 yds (outdoor), 15 yds (indoor) etc.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Allen, I think you got it. I have not found any issues. You also seem to have taken care of the quick reference to what the range offers. Since I have not gotten any input on other members wanting that listed with the ranges on post #1 I am going to put that idea on hold.

I am going to add a tag showing those that support this forum.

Leeloo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Houston
    This list is awesome. Is there anyone here who visited Top Gun and can share their experience, ie. good/bad/just okay?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I used to shoot at TG in 08-09, it was good back then. Try it once and stay or move on.

Acera and acorneau did an awsome job on the list!

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks guys, but the key to this list is the other members here, like you guys. I will update it as often as we find another range, so keep your eyes open for new ones. I think we have a couple scheduled to open in the next few months.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Did you attend defensive training on Tues or Thurs evenings? Usually Garry but sometimes Greg of Comp-Tac taught? I do miss that.

You're right, I've been there sporadically since moving and the staff is hit/miss as to whether or not the customer matters.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Did you attend defensive training on Tues or Thurs evenings? Usually Garry but sometimes Greg of Comp-Tac taught? I do miss that.

You're right, I've been there sporadically since moving and the staff is hit/miss as to whether or not the customer matters.

I did my initial CHL course there in 2008. Overall a good course but to go just to shoot I felt as though I was being look as an ignorant gun owner. And I get it. I was just at SGA yesterday and the guy next to me was zeroing his EOTech 512 at 7yds on a .308. So they are out there and range officers/employees probably see them more often than we do. However at least talk to me respectfully. Not with a snobby attitude.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I did my initial CHL course there in 2008. Overall a good course but to go just to shoot I felt as though I was being look as an ignorant gun owner. And I get it. I was just at SGA yesterday and the guy next to me was zeroing his EOTech 512 at 7yds on a .308. So they are out there and range officers/employees probably see them more often than we do. However at least talk to me respectfully. Not with a snobby attitude.
    CHL from a blonde guy named Mark? I did mine Nov '08 there. I saw him working a Conroe gun show several weeks ago.

:laughing: at the zeroing! If I was range staff and depending on my mood, I would help or just let him burn ammo. Either way it wasn't dangerous, just stupid.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    CHL from a blonde guy named Mark? I did mine Nov '08 there. I saw him working a Conroe gun show several weeks ago.

:laughing: at the zeroing! If I was range staff and depending on my mood, I would help or just let him burn ammo. Either way it wasn't dangerous, just stupid.

I don't recall who it was. He was kinda gun-ho/ all "tact-cool." It was a good course but the customer service at the counter sucked.

Yeah... The .308 guy stepped back and had to be the center of attention by saying; "Sorry everyone. Shooting my .308." That's when I asked; "At 7ds?" Replied kinda cocky by saying; "New optic I'm not use to. EOTech 512." I said; "That's cool I have the XPS2 and you need to zero that for 300yds." That's when he went back into his lane and sent the paper all the way down the range. I went ahead and had fun and left it alone. (Rolling my eyes.)

Top Bottom