• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

This is the Grandfather of many modern handguns, and is still a very usable antique from 90 years ago:

1698949106107.jpeg

I have handled & shot friends’ P38’s, and if memory is correct, they were a pleasure, even compared to my 1911’s.

Note that many of the early made-in Germany variants are still the best. Some of the late War pistols had very shoddy workmanship, compared to the 1943 & earlier ones. The specimen in my illustration may not be one of the best.

Please show us yours, & tell us about them.

leVieux

<>
    Gun Zone Deals

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Interesting guns. The US military fell in love with it the second the saw one, they made multiple attempts in the late 40's, 50's and 60's to basically adopt a US made version. This job fell to S&W who made the "model 39". (My info here gets a bit confusing, but my understanding is that it looked more like a P.38, vs the Model 39 we know today.)

This never happened due to various budget cuts, wars, and the fact that handguns don't really matter all that much. Eventually the US adopted the Beretta M9 and the military got their wish, almost 40 years later.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I bought an unfired '82 date because it matched my birth year. It's nowhere close to as nice as a 1911. I consider myself a decent shot and can win a dueling tree battle or two, but I can't hit anything with it.
    View attachment 414067
    While they pale in comparison to a modern 1911, they easily hold their own compared to a 1911a1. I mea the sights alone are world class.

The DA pull is a cruel joke though.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I have a flap holster for one that I will never have any use for. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Top Bottom