• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    If no one has told you...never dry fire it (fire it without an arrow), it could injure you.

Get some beginner instruction so you don't develop bad habits from the start.

Good luck!
    Hurley's Gold

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Hey guys, so I am doing some reading on bow care, and wanted to see if you guys had tips tricks etc.. for making sure my bow last a long time.

ballbandit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    for sure visit a bow shop and make sure its sized for you , then practice and practice till your proficient out to at least 40 yards then start thinking about hunting

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    for sure visit a bow shop and make sure its sized for you , then practice and practice till your proficient out to at least 40 yards then start thinking about hunting

So with that in mind.. what would be "proficient"? Its probably subjective but in your opinions, 40 yards with 6 inch groups?

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    So with that in mind.. what would be "proficient"? Its probably subjective but in your opinions, 40 yards with 6 inch groups?

Most people tend to agree that getting every shot in a paper plate at 40 yards is usually good enough to start hunting.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    I purchased my first new bow in 1968, a Wing Thunderbird recurved. I still have it, but the surface gel coat isn't in good shape.

As far as I know, bowstring wax has always been beeswax. My compound was bought in the 1980s and has never had any wax on the original string.

FWIW, I tried fiberglass arrows in 1968 and quickly switched to aluminum. Those Herter's aluminums still have my address in Angleton on them and we moved from there in 1975.

Top Bottom