• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chickenwing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mmmmkay mall ninjas and ninjettes.
    Have you ever had one of those days where you just couldn't shoot worth a flip, I have! Matter of fact I just had one today. So in order to lift my spirits I thought I'd have some fun and post a mall ninja thread. Admit it, there is a little bit of Geardo in all of us. So I figured why not share.

photo.jpg

This is my tacticoololololol vest I picked up at GTs for 25 bucks. Blackhawk(!) Omega, which was a total score after a department turn in. Lightly used. Packed with 6 30 rnd AR mags front left, two large pouches on the right one packed with my trauma pack (tourniquet, H bandage, gauze), and the second pouch is empty because I haven't ordered the rest of my medi-pack. Couple other pockets for other crap. I have a small backup flashlight in the baton pouch and my 5.11 boot knife hanging off the d-ring (why not right? It fit perfect). It didn't come with a belt so I used my old bianchi duty belt from when I worked security and added a double mag pouch, boo-boo pack (latex gloves, bandaids, hand wipes, butterfly closures), and my spare blackhawk(!) serpa. All in all I'd say I'm pleased (mainly because I have no freaking clue why I need this....but I NEED it man) with the set up with the exception that the mags to not return to the pouches well. I guess a dump pouch is in order.

So lets have it folks. Show me your gear. Don't hide it, be proud of your inner rambo!
    Venture Surplus ad

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    There was a guy in a tac vest at the range tonight ... LOL.

See, thats why they need bouncers at the front door like a night club. Some burly guy to stand there and shake his head and say, "Not with those shoes."

Or in this case, "Not with that vest on."

I have a rig on a hanger back home that has pouches on it for UMP (or P90) mags but I use them instead for Kriss Super-V extended mags for the Glock 21/30. 90 rounds of .45 JHP for dat ass, sonnnnnnnnnn!

Chickenwing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Central Texas
    Nothing makes me happier than to see someone at the range with an airsoft rig on. Or...bonus...crossman shoulder holster (empty) out on the firing line. Those folks hold a special place in my heart.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There was a guy in a tac vest at the range tonight ... LOL.

LOL, Mike and I always joke about showing up to the range totally mall-ninja'd out. IBAs, helmets, gloves, single-point slings, three rifles each (at the same time).... I joke about wearing a MOLLE II LBV over the IBA (which has pouches) and over all of that an old ALICE LBE setup I've got laying around (hey, don't hate... it worked great for hiking!)

That idea came about because we ran into someone out at Bexar who was wearing a low-pro plate carrier outside around on the line. Dude...

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    That idea came about because we ran into someone out at Bexar who was wearing a low-pro plate carrier outside around on the line. Dude...[/QUOTE]

Saftey first lol

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That idea came about because we ran into someone out at Bexar who was wearing a low-pro plate carrier outside around on the line. Dude...

from wha ti hear you have to be carefull up at those san antonio ranges.
    ;)

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    LOL, Mike and I always joke about showing up to the range totally mall-ninja'd out. IBAs, helmets, gloves, single-point slings, three rifles each (at the same time).... I joke about wearing a MOLLE II LBV over the IBA (which has pouches) and over all of that an old ALICE LBE setup I've got laying around (hey, don't hate... it worked great for hiking!)

While ALICE is no longer the prom queen, she's definitely a MILF. If I had the choice, I would still be using a ALICE style rig.

BTW, this is a true mall ninja
    2009-mallninja.jpg

And another one
    kythri.jpg

More here
    http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7206

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I'm planning on doing Tiger Valley's bug out drill next year now that my ribs have gotten themselves sorted back out (don't bruise them if you are given the choice - they take a long time to heal back up). So to do that stuff I need a bug out bag and other gear. Given that I have friends who actually serve in combat arms, I happily refer to myself as a mall ninja. However, there is no way in hell, outside of an event like a bug out drill or halloween, would I be caught dead wearing that shit.

That said: I'm planning on buying all of it ;)

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    yeah - then you might want to avoid some of the other places I frequent. Just saying. Sorta thought others ought to enjoy that too.

In regard to the actual gear. Given the practical focus of my shopping, I really wonder how much a chest rig is really worth? The backpack makes sense - it's black, doesnt really look military so I could pass as just some dork out for a walk. Throw on a chest rig, a bunch of MOLLE gear, a thigh holster and mag carrier and people might accidently think you have interesting stuff to donate to them. For most activities a pair of levis, good quality boots, and a long sleeved shirt along with a backpack will take care of business very well. Avoiding military looking stuff seems like a good idea. I mean look at this thread: we're fucking making fun of the dorks that wear this shit to the range. Other than costume parties there is no real civilian application for this stuff. In an environment where a civilian is going to need to carry 6 loaded magazines, a tactical firstaid kit, 2 liters of water, a pistol and an AR: looking like you just got separated from your squad is probably going to be a good way to attract negative attention to yourself. Whereas looking like a hobo with a backpack will probably allow you to pass through with barely a second glance.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Chest rigs are easy to hide under a jacket or loose-fitting shirt. In fact my armor carrier could pass a "first glance" with one of the oversize shirts I've got in my closet over top of it. At a distance, anyway...

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i have an old old beatup military trench coat.

OD and dingy as hell. i plan to throw that on in cooler or wet weather over the tac stuff. cant see anyting under that thing. even a slung carbine.

let my hair and beard grow add some fingerless frayed gloves and a beenie and look liek any avg hobo.

;)

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    i have an old old beatup military trench coat.

OD and dingy as hell. i plan to throw that on in cooler or wet weather over the tac stuff. cant see anyting under that thing. even a slung carbine.

let my hair and beard grow add some fingerless frayed gloves and a beenie and look liek any avg hobo.

;)
    heyyyyyy heyyyyyy

Top Bottom