• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Earlier this month, I traveled to Lubbock for a state competition with my daughter's Destination Imagination Team. As we look for our hotel, I see a Gander Mountain. I had to stop and have a looksy. I was impressed (huge selection and decent prices). I had never been to one of their stores. Cabela's in Buda is too far and I dont travel that much to San Antonio's Bass Pro Shop. Our choices in Corpus Chrsiti are limited. Their nearest location is in Sugar Land. I would really like to see Gander Mountain open a store here in Corpus Chrsiti. With all the hunting and fishing here in south texas, I think it would do very well.
    Gun Zone Deals

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    That would be nice. I guess Academy and Modern Pawn sell most of the guns in Corpus. I do get tired of going in to Academy for cleaning supplies and such and finding the shelves empty. They do have a lot of other stuff tho.

Redscout02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Corpus Christi,tx
    Cleaning supplies aint the only thing that Academy is always out of, try buying .308 rounds there. I just moved down here last year from Tacoma, WA and I am still trying to find my way around so if there are any good places to buy ammo I could use the info.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Cleaning supplies aint the only thing that Academy is always out of, try buying .308 rounds there. I just moved down here last year from Tacoma, WA and I am still trying to find my way around so if there are any good places to buy ammo I could use the info.

Welcome to CC...... like I said...... our choices are limited.... and for ammo.... walmart prob has best prices..... have you tried The SharpShooter? I usually dont buy ammo there, but I believe they have a good selection and the staff is nice also......

Redscout02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Corpus Christi,tx
    Yeah I have been to Sharp Shooter nice guys , But just didn't the right feel and the prices are a bit on the up side. I have a good supply right now and my job has been getting me out of town (just not getting a big pay check) so I will pick some up in SA next week, and Thanks for welcome.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    To me The Sharp Shooter is only a place to go shoot. I would never buy a firearm from them. I mainly do my business with Modern Pawn they have treated me well and 4 of my last 5 firearms were purchased there.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Academy has a decent selection of most basic firearms....nothing too exotic...good prices.... that is where I purchased my father's day gift from my wife..... a benelli 12ga. shotgun......

ps... it was on sale also......!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Corpus is weird. I like Corpus but it is a different type of place. Too big to be a small town, but not quite a big city. Regardless of what you are shopping for the selection of stores sucks.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Corpus is weird. I like Corpus but it is a different type of place. Too big to be a small town, but not quite a big city. Regardless of what you are shopping for the selection of stores sucks.

I think that's because Corpus is still controlled by the "old money" there. I can remember back in the 80's (I think) there was a sign on SPID saying this site is the future home of Seaworld--go figure, the city did nothing and lost it to San Antonio.

Don't get me wrong, I was born and raised in Corpus, there are some good things there---espesically red fishing the flats for tailing red fish.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    I think that's because Corpus is still controlled by the "old money" there. I can remember back in the 80's (I think) there was a sign on SPID saying this site is the future home of Seaworld--go figure, the city did nothing and lost it to San Antonio.
    Well the way this city is run is ridiculous. One thing I can think of recently was the whole issue with Whataburger, the city was doing everything they could to screw them while at the same time giving new ventures tax breaks. Then they blame Whataburger for leaving Corpus.

DEE24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Texas
    Well the way this city is run is ridiculous. One thing I can think of recently was the whole issue with Whataburger, the city was doing everything they could to screw them while at the same time giving new ventures tax breaks. Then they blame Whataburger for leaving Corpus.

Agreed...CC should have done more to keep WB HQ here.

gt40mki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    One more + for Modern Pawn, they are an SOT now and have handled a few of my Class III transactions flawlessly, and VERY quickly. Top notch, local family owned, and an on site inventory that puts just about anyone else in South Texas to shame.

Redscout02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Corpus Christi,tx
    AMEN on Gander being spendie but then aint they all!! Try living on a boat and having west marine as the only place in town to get stuff u need right now. Like impeller for your engine. Yuck

Top Bottom