Galveston, Kemah, Seabrook - where are the good eats?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Bonus points if it's great seafood at less than high prices.

Share any of your favorite places to eat in or near these areas.

Double bonus points if they have hot waitresses / customers. :evil:
    Gun Zone Deals

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    On the Bolivar is a classic seafood place called Stingaree. On Galveston, we like the Marina Bar and grill for a quick good lunch. Yaga's on the strand is suprisingly affordable and has good food too.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Prime rib gumbo at the Little Gumbo Bar on the Strand. It will change your life.

Gaido’s seafood is good.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Gilhooley's Oyster Bar in San Leon was always the wife's & my destination in months with R's in them their Grilled oysters on the half shell and other seafood. It was a bit of a dive bar to me with lots of locals & bikers.

Avoid Kemah board walk because it's a tourist trap IMHO. Only place in GalvestonI ever ate that I liked was some pizza joint but I don't remember it's name. And there was a place in SurfSide that made killer burger that had ground bacon in the beef patty, but it's name evades me.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm tagging this. I've had a bunch of people tell me I need to take the family down to Kemah, but its such a damn drive, and things look pricey there.

Galveston is neat. We enjoyed our trip down there, but our sampling of "local" cousine was limited to Whataburger. Actually - the first ever Whataburger I ate was at the one in Galveston, not far from Walmart.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm tagging this. I've had a bunch of people tell me I need to take the family down to Kemah, but its such a damn drive, and things look pricey there.

Galveston is neat. We enjoyed our trip down there, but our sampling of "local" cousine was limited to Whataburger. Actually - the first ever Whataburger I ate was at the one in Galveston, not far from Walmart.
    Galveston was a fair place to go surf fishing (San Louis Pass & Sea Wolf Park when flounder were running) years ago. My guess you can't even get to the water for over development, or it way to over crowded.

Only thing of value in Galveston closed many years ago & that was Col Bubbie's Army Navy Surplus store.

Tilman Fertitta made Kemah into an overpriced tourist trap. The use to be a place called the Flounder Hut on 146 that was good but I'm sure it's gone.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Galveston was a fair place to go surf fishing (San Louis Pass & Sea Wolf Park when flounder were running) years ago. My guess you can't even get to the water for over development, or it way to over crowded.

Both are good fishing. Sea Wolf is great for trout when it’s warm.

Last edited:

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Friends tell me that Pier 6 in San Leon is really good but a little pricey. Reservations are a good idea if you don't want to wait for a long time. Gilhooleys changed ownership a few years back. It was a little bit cleaner the last time we went there, but the food had gone way downhill. That was about 7 or 8 years ago, so I have no idea how it is now. Topwater is always popular. Food was good when we went there last, but that was also a long time ago.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    Maceo Spice and Import on Market St. Lunch specials or the Muffuletta are popular. Katie's Seafood House. As previously stated Gaidos on the Seawall. Shrimp n Stuff two locations. I could go on but the most fun you can have is trying things out. Rudy and Paco's or Vargas across the street. Some may be a bit pricey but great seafood and cheap aren't necessarily easy to find.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    20230831_114039.jpg

I'm here and if I don't like it I'm sending deemus & Todd the bill.
    I'm a very generous tipper. :what:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I've been to Galveston twice previously since getting the bike and both times I went to Fish Tales. Very tasty but pricey too.

Top Bottom