• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Back in 1988 we moved to Texarkana for a job. I remember thinking "Oh Boy! We'll be living in a state with a ocean side. By golly, we'll probably be on the beach every weekend."
    Finally a weekend came when we loaded up the car and boat then headed for Galveston. FIVE hours later, we finally got there.
    I was telling a pen-pal who lives in England about it. "Holy Hell!" he exclaimed. "If I drove 5 hours in any direction, I'd end up very wet."
    A few years after that, we got back home from vacation in Chicago. I had a message on my answering machine for a job interview in El Paso. I remember thinking, "oh well, at least I'm not driving to Chicago." Then I started checking and realized that Texarkana was closer to Chicago than it was to El Paso.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Back in 1988 we moved to Texarkana for a job. I remember thinking "Oh Boy! We'll be living in a state with a ocean side. By golly, we'll probably be on the beach every weekend."
    Finally a weekend came when we loaded up the car and boat then headed for Galveston. FIVE hours later, we finally got there.
    I was telling a pen-pal who lives in England about it. "Holy Hell!" he exclaimed. "If I drove 5 hours in any direction, I'd end up very wet."
    A few years after that, we got back home from vacation in Chicago. I had a message on my answering machine for a job interview in El Paso. I remember thinking, "oh well, at least I'm not driving to Chicago." Then I started checking and realized that Texarkana was closer to Chicago than it was to El Paso.
    When I crossed into Texas at Texarkana heading for my 2nd duty station near Abilene I thought it won't be long..then 8 hrs later I drove up to the main gate.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    1711042876844.png

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I took a load to El Paso and, once empty, was asked to drop my trailer in Houston, bobtail to Lake Charles and pick up a loaded trailer to come back to Waco. The dispatcher was oblivious to the distances and was pissed that I couldn't at least make the pickup the same day. Hon, I might make it to the pickup tomorrow afternoon.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    What's a Texas County County doin' in Arkansas?

He sounded taller on the radio... what in the HAIL is this world comin' to?
    IMG_20240321_134135058~2.jpg

Funny/not funny to me. Got pulled on a roadside inspection because I'm flying multiple hazmat placards and he was missing a few squares on his Bingo card.

Top Bottom