• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome.
    Check the TPW website. There should be some trout stocking in your area from now through feb. They die off quick when the weather warms but fun while they last. Bluegill can be caught all year on light fly rods and are a lot of fun. Fishing slow around grass and hydrilla can get you bass most of the year as well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CoinFinder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    Haslet, TX
    Welcome.
    Check the TPW website. There should be some trout stocking in your area from now through feb. They die off quick when the weather warms but fun while they last. Bluegill can be caught all year on light fly rods and are a lot of fun. Fishing slow around grass and hydrilla can get you bass most of the year as well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Right on, thanks, will check it out!

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Hi. Welcome to Texas. We will no longer be able to vote straight R at the polls so just look for all the "Rs" and vote for them. You will discover there are hundreds of elected positions that only Ds sign on for, so hey! why not run for a local or state position.
    Fire up your radio in the mornings and tune to 3.840 A interesting group. KG5GYL

CoinFinder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    Haslet, TX
    Hi. Welcome to Texas. We will no longer be able to vote straight R at the polls so just look for all the "Rs" and vote for them. You will discover there are hundreds of elected positions that only Ds sign on for, so hey! why not run for a local or state position.
    Fire up your radio in the mornings and tune to 3.840 A interesting group. KG5GYL
    That's an interesting idea - I have been looking for a way to not only give back, but also to gain some community since I moved out here on a dime and don't really have any family or friends here yet. I did vote in November in TX, and did notice that the vast majority of roles are R (made me happy) but yes, there are still D's in there..so maybe there's something for me. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a listen on the 3840 group, too.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Sweet - and I was just in Houston Monday, went to Niko Niko's - love that place :) I also found a fantastic Pho place if you like Pho - Le Noodle. Best Pho I've had...good food in Houston!

Niko Niko's is pretty good. I haven't tried Le Noodle but I do enjoy Pho. I'll add them to my list.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Howdy. Best not to advertise your prior relationship with California. Especially when it concerns how things were done before.

As a cancer survivor myself, just look to the future!

CoinFinder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    Haslet, TX
    Howdy. Best not to advertise your prior relationship with California. Especially when it concerns how things were done before.

As a cancer survivor myself, just look to the future!
    Understood on mentioning CA - makes sense. The future, its unsure for all of us, so that means living each day to its fullest. I'm all for that. :newyear:

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    533A10F0-278A-4DCA-B19A-1ECB966B51DF.jpeg
    867A62C1-C20B-4E0D-BB66-07D2AFB9528D.jpeg
    50AD0ACD-CFCF-42CA-B88E-61BC9B330329.jpeg
    48076576-628B-45D8-AFAA-7D98D9394875.jpeg
    C5DF72FE-0D96-4FC7-93D3-8B9F09BDCD8E.jpeg
    Its on my list to start finding some fly fishing opportunities around me - I've been out of the sport for a while but my dad and I had a fly shop for ~30 years when I was a kid, put me through college, and I learned everything you can imagine about fly fishing. Most of that was trout and cooler water fly fishing, but I'm willing to try anything - its all good - so will likely be moving this direction in the spring when the weather becomes more conducive to it...

A bit of a drive, but google Broken Bow in Oklahoma. I grew up in Ft.Worth and have fly fished this spot a few times with the family. It’s nice to just get out in the creeks, wade around and let your fly drift. There’s a dam that they let cold water from and also release trout.

Top Bottom