• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Biggest problem we've got on this forum is all the people joining up just to sell stuff, and don't contribute a damn thing otherwise.

The minimum post count to submit an ad under the classifieds needs to be bumped up to 100. Five posts can be made in an hour, which is why we are getting all these unresponsive sellers or people who don't know how to keep their word!

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Re: Forum Bugs & Errors

Biggest problem we've got on this forum is all the people joining up just to sell stuff, and don't contribute a damn thing otherwise.

The minimum post count to submit an ad under the classifieds needs to be bumped up to 100. Five posts can be made in an hour, which is why we are getting all these unresponsive sellers or people who don't know how to keep their word!

100 seems a little extreme...

I came here for the conversation and some information.

I found my first pistol on these forums... and I have way under 100 posts. I would be perturbed if I was unable to sell something should the desire arise. 100 posts is a bit extreme.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Forum Bugs & Errors

I am completely down with this suggestion. It pisses me off to no end to respond to someone's classified thread just minutes after they post it for your PMs to go unanswered because they are drive by posting in every forum they can think of. Most of the time without giving notice they are cross posting. It never fails that the OP will eventually come back and say something like "LOL sold on another forum sorry" and not be heard from again until they have something else to sell. We have guys who have been signed up here since 2008 still with only 40 or so posts and all of them classified posts.

100 posts to be able to sell here is not unreasonable at all and would put a stop to some of these posters who post and come back days later to see what happened if they come back at all.

Would there be a negative effect? No because it requires a member to interact with the community on a variety if levels before asking us to trust them with a monetary transaction. Perhaps a slight loss of classified ads? Who cares. They are not watching their ads anyway so I don't see how losing them could possibly be a great loss.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Originally I had it at 25, but lowered it when Austin did away with personal sales at the gun shows. Now that they are back we can increase the number again. I do feel 100 is a bit excessive.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Re: Forum Bugs & Errors

I

Would there be a negative effect? No because it requires a member to interact with the community on a variety if levels before asking us to trust them with a monetary transaction. Perhaps a slight loss of classified ads? Who cares. They are not watching their ads anyway so I don't see how losing them could possibly be a great loss.

But you WOULD be driving away new members who would may actually want to contribute to the forums too... your idea assumes that all new members who post ads are here only for the classifieds... and that does happen on many other forums... but there are many people who do not fall into that category.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    New post button will show 3 pages of threads, then i will read a thread and hit new post again. When i hit the button only 3 to 10 threads pop up.

I just swapped the tracking for views over to the database. Provided the database doesn't take a giant shit on itself that should help this issue. Give it a day or two to work.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    But you WOULD be driving away new members who would may actually want to contribute to the forums too... your idea assumes that all new members who post ads are here only for the classifieds... and that does happen on many other forums... but there are many people who do not fall into that category.

There's a lot of people that are joining to just sell, but that's just because of the heavy buying cycle we are in.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I stay on top of policing the "no location" morons who think they can come here and post without regard for the OBVIOUS (and minimal) rules. I cut long time members some slack and help them change theirs. Most are cool and just screwed up.

Seriously... how fucking stupid does someone have to be to not notice a location in every other ad PLUS a bold thread at the top of the page requiring one? WTF?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    New post button will show 3 pages of threads, then i will read a thread and hit new post again. When i hit the button only 3 to 10 threads pop up.

I just swapped the tracking for views over to the database. Provided the database doesn't take a giant shit on itself that should help this issue. Give it a day or two to work.

That problem is fixed, but now thread seem to disappear after i read or post to them and dont show up under threads in my CP. Half the time they will show up with a search but other times the search just doesnt bring up anything.

Not trying to be a complainer, just trying to make sure you know of the problems.

Top Bottom