• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ford’s CEO is quickly becoming one of the loudest voices on the country not being ready for EVs yet and going all-in being a dumb idea.

From a manufacturing perspective, they’re cutting losses; from a strategy perspective I hope they decide to follow Toyota’s decision to pursue hybrid instead of full EV.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    So ~$864 per month for something you will not own? Sounds like a terrible deal to me..
    You have to understand the math on that deal. These are $80k trucks.

If you buy the truck with the given down payment and payment plan after 48 months you are finally back to zero on it.

This is the reality of modern prices. Leases used to be 2 years then became 3 or 4 years to accomplish the same goal.

Usually a lease ends about the same time you can get rid of a normally purchased vehicle at 0 equity.

Not defending getting one of these but the math works out.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    China today, America 2030.

1693670083544.png

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If they really want to sell them, offer the first 2 battery packs on them when they die. And of course disposal. I still wouldn't buy though, I surly love my gas guzzling V8's

Some companies are taking novel approaches to this:
    VinFast (Vietnamese EV carmaker…yes i’m serious), sells cars but leases the batteries.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Electric vehicles only make sense for people who live and drive in the city, where there is a charging system network. Rural dwellers and people who like to play out in nature would be retarded - literally retarded, like, extra or missing chromosomes retarded - to rely on an EV.

Its bad enough that some of the hybrids get fucked if the hybrid battery discharges to a certain point - thus requiring a tow to a dealer or authorized service center to access and charge the thing, or in some cases replace it. I've towed Prius' for that very reason. They won't run, even in limp mode, on the gas engine only despite having a 12 volt battery in addition to the drive batteries.

I'd rather have a high efficiency ICE powered vehicle.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    You have to understand the math on that deal. These are $80k trucks.

If you buy the truck with the given down payment and payment plan after 48 months you are finally back to zero on it.

This is the reality of modern prices. Leases used to be 2 years then became 3 or 4 years to accomplish the same goal.

Usually a lease ends about the same time you can get rid of a normally purchased vehicle at 0 equity.

Not defending getting one of these but the math works out.
    $80K trucks? P.T. Barnum hit the nail on the head then.

I know some nice people who are climate activists that are proud they are saving the environment by driving their Teslas. Nevermind they never considered where most of the electricity is produced to charge their cars.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    $80K trucks? P.T. Barnum hit the nail on the head then.

I know some nice people who are climate activists that are proud they are saving the environment by driving their Teslas. Nevermind they never considered where most of the electricity is produced to charge their cars.
    Local dealer had one for $72k plus $30k "market adjustment". $102k before tt&l.

No thanks.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    View attachment 404416

Pretty much the price of a new Denali dually. Still way too much for me.

This hurts my soul.

Not too many years ago, you could buy a medium duty Freightliner M2 flatbed, extended cab with some bells and whistles (like remote controlled winch, air ride w/ air dump, full LED lighting package, etc) for $103,000.

When I was still towing, the last truck we bought was a 2014 Dodge 5500 4wd flatbed for $85k.

101,760 for a regular damned pickup that is just a daily driver or weekend warrior truck...nah, no way. I get it, out dollars are worth 17% less thanks to Bidenflation and the rona bullshit but this is still rediculous. Unless you are going to live in it, or make a living in it - $100K for a vehicle is unacceptable.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This hurts my soul.

Not too many years ago, you could buy a medium duty Freightliner M2 flatbed, extended cab with some bells and whistles (like remote controlled winch, air ride w/ air dump, full LED lighting package, etc) for $103,000.

When I was still towing, the last truck we bought was a 2014 Dodge 5500 4wd flatbed for $85k.

101,760 for a regular damned pickup that is just a daily driver or weekend warrior truck...nah, no way. I get it, out dollars are worth 17% less thanks to Bidenflation and the rona bullshit but this is still rediculous. Unless you are going to live in it, or make a living in it - $100K for a vehicle is unacceptable.
    last price i saw for a siverado ev was over $100K!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Grendor
    Top Bottom