• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We have one at Red's South in Oak Hill in case anyone is looking for one. It's a light model in tan.

The gun is neat, well balanced, and has alot of adaptability. I wouldn't mind adding it to the collection, but I can think of a million things I need before the SCAR.
    Lynx Defense

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    What are they asking for it?

It's on my list of things to buy upon my return to America... just trying to gauge the local market vs. what they are going for on-line.

Thanks,
    -Randy

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Thanks, hopefully the local prices come down a little by the time I move to SA this summer. I would rather buy local, but a couple hundred bucks is a couple hundred bucks!

-Randy

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks, hopefully the local prices come down a little by the time I move to SA this summer. I would rather buy local, but a couple hundred bucks is a couple hundred bucks!

-Randy

Randy

Where are you in Germany? I grew up there, and was stationed at Ramstein for four years in the mid-to-late 90s.

I still go back about once or twice a year for work (retired USAF, now a contractor). I haven't been since last August, and I sure could use a Pils and a schnitzel mit pomme frites right about now!

Cheers! M2

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    M2,

I'm at Spangdahlem... well assigned to Spang, but frequently on the road (our AOR is huge). Anyways, I'm moving to San Antonio this summer and sure could use a Shiner and some BBQ. Guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the Atlantic!

-Randy

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hey Alan, any word on the Scar-H? As far as when you dealers may get one anyway, not necessarily the release date?

Who knows ... the Lights just kinda come and go, we really can't guarantee anything based off of shipment dates due to the low numbers / high demand.

pigdave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Fort Worth
    For that price you could buy two AR lowers ($245 apiece at the last gun show I was at), two AR uppers ($550 from a decent make), and two glocks ($500) and have spent $2590. And let's face it, you're not going into combat in Iraq or Afghanistan. An AR in the much more forgiving climate of North America, or your living room or gun range for that matter, is more than enough gun. Plus, high quality factory parts are plentiful in the extreme for all AR's. YOu can switch calibers, grips, stocks, rails, triggers, put on a piston upper if you so desire. Try getting that kind of service from FN Herstal. Ain't gonna happen. Or if you're a real reliability kind of guy, get a nice arsenal AK ($699). there are just so many more options that you can do with $2500. In the coming years, more is better.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The SCAR-L and ACR are about the same price. I chose the ACR because you can swap calibers almost as quickly as you can change a magazine. I will buy a .308 barrel for it when it comes out. I got tired of waiting for the SCAR-H. I will also something to shoot until it does...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The SCAR-L and ACR are about the same price. I chose the ACR because you can swap calibers almost as quickly as you can change a magazine. I will buy a .308 barrel for it when it comes out. I got tired of waiting for the SCAR-H. I will also something to shoot until it does...

How are you going to change the ACR into a .308 ... the magazine well would have to magically grow.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    For that price you could buy two AR lowers ($245 apiece at the last gun show I was at), two AR uppers ($550 from a decent make), and two glocks ($500) and have spent $2590. And let's face it, you're not going into combat in Iraq or Afghanistan. An AR in the much more forgiving climate of North America, or your living room or gun range for that matter, is more than enough gun. Plus, high quality factory parts are plentiful in the extreme for all AR's. YOu can switch calibers, grips, stocks, rails, triggers, put on a piston upper if you so desire. Try getting that kind of service from FN Herstal. Ain't gonna happen. Or if you're a real reliability kind of guy, get a nice arsenal AK ($699). there are just so many more options that you can do with $2500. In the coming years, more is better.

I'd rather spend $2500 on a bolt-rifle personally.

superchi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008

Also, there's no indication anywhere that the ACR will even come in a 7.62 version, only 5.56 and 6.8

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    I'm sure you can go from 5.56 to 6.8, but I dont see how it would be possible to go to .308 from 5.56 plus there is no indication on the website that it can do so.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I remember the future weapons episode where they said it would fire 7.62x39mm by changing out the lower receiver and the bolt, but never saw 7.62x51mm:

Bushmaster Firearms, with the help of Remington Arms (a sister company in the Freedom Group, Inc portfolio that includes Bushmaster, Remington, Marlin, and DPMS Panther Arms brands) has also made some design changes based on extensive environmental and functional testing specifically to meet the emerging requirements of the US military in both the carbine and subcompact weapon versions of the ACR family. It is expected that the rifle will be offered to military customers in 5.56mm NATO, 6.8mm Remington SPC, and 6.5 Grendel with the same lower receiver and the user just having to switch out the barrel, bolt face, and magazine to change calibers. It is also expected that the ACR will have barrel length options of 10.5″, 12.5″, 14.5″, 16″ (commercial), and 18″. The official name of the rifle for military use will be the Remington ACR.
    The magazine conceived for the 5.56mm version of the ACR rifle is called the PMag, a high-impact, 30-round polymer magazine claimed by Magpul to be significantly more resistant to wear, shock, and harsh environments than other counterparts on the market. The PMag is STANAG 4179-compatible, as it will readily fit any STANAG magazine firearm, including the M16 rifle family.[6] The Bushmaster ACR's modular construction even allows the user to fire the 7.62x39mm round with an alternate barrel and lower receiver.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It was designed in advance to fire 5.56, 7.62, and 6.8 by only changing the barrel, magazine and boltface. Watch the video on the bushy site.

Changing calibers on a an ACR

No tools needed, finished in less than a minute!

Again, .308 is bigger than the actual mag well ... so unless the conversion consists of a bolt-action conversion, it ain't happening. As others have said, 7.62x39 seems to be the .30-caliber option.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ltlavender
    Top Bottom