• ...and so much more!
  • Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I am getting ready to buy another .22LR Rifle. I have been shopping around and there are so many choices I thought I would check with you all for suggestions. What I am looking for is a semi auto, accurate, threaded barrel. Not real interested in an AR take off. My Ruger 10/22 is pretty nice but I do not want to limit myself to the Ruger brand. What's your favorite?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Hahaha... Seriously though... You hear people knock the prices of nice customs like this, only to go out and buy something cheaper AND add a bunch of after market stuff. After they frankenGUN it all together, they save minimal to nothing. You get a Rifle from one of the 3 companies named above, you're doing nothing else to it other than adding a suppressor and optic. Buy once, cry once. Quality has a premium, sometimes its worth the extra money and sometimes its not. These companies make some of the ABSOLUTE BEST 22s money can buy.

DISCLAIMER: I wouldn't give this advice to everyone, but Chuck shoots more than enough to justify paying these premium prices. If you're just an occasional/3 times a year to the gun range sorta guy, then a stock 10/22 and low budget optic would do you just fine. Chuck, you shoot enough that you will eventually out shoot and be limited by the gear you have. Thank me later when you're crushing dimes at 75-100 yards.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I shot a Volquartsen a few years ago and it was a gorgeous gun. I'd love to get one myself someday. Right now I own a stock 10/22 carbine and a Remington 597. The Remington is more accurate and could be even more so if I went to the trouble to change out some parts but its cheap fun with a Bushnell optic and bipod.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I'd consider the Marlin Model 60. New they run about a hundred and a half......used in good shape can be had for 80-100. I've picked up three in that price range in the last three months for my son, my son-in-law and his dad. All were under $100. It's hard to find anything more accurate for less than four times the price.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Only problem I have the with high dollar custom guns is I like to build not buy. Ive been that way with my vehicles and it looks like Im headed that way with my guns. Maybe its because Im poor so I like to be able to savor each mod and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing I directly made the results happen with my own hands. My old ruger 10/22 will be getting some goodies here soon along the same lines as what you guys are wanting to do.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Too funny Scott. I have been shooting the Ruger 10/22 for a long time. Don't get me wrong I am pretty good with it but it is stock and I feel like I am at the limitations of the gun. I figured I would step it up a notch or two on the second one and really see if it is me or the gun.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I just picked up my first 10/22. It is a Tactical Solutions X-Ring. It is quite awesome. I really like the fact it has an integral picatinny rail. 10/22 scope mounts can tend to suck really bad.

You can never go wrong with any of the others that were mentioned either. Clarks is up in Shreveport so close by.

Top Bottom