• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Well, it seems like my use of some handguns is going away rapidly. Due to my physical condition I can no longer operate any direct blowback pistol. Changed to a delayed blowback for a while, but now I can no longer operate any of those that I own. A tip up barrel 32 ACP is the most powerful semi auto I can operate. Who has experience with either Ruger or Smith and Wesson“ easy slide” pistols? Are they really that easy to operate? I probably need to go to a LGS and check them out but I thought I'd ask the board 1st.
    Anybody have a used one for sale or trade?
    Target Sports

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I have both S&W EZ's, the .380 and 9mm. The slides can be manipulated easily with two fingers and the magazines are also very easy to load. They are marketed for us older folks, I am 70, and I really like both pistols but neither is my EDC pistol. That being said, I do occasionally carry the .380 and I really like it. It has never missed a beat at the range and I don't hesitate to recommend it for someone looking for an easy to operate pistol.
    image0(10).jpeg

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Thank you, I’m looking for either of both. No money but lots of trade stuff that I can’t use anymore. I guess I better put a WTB ad in the classifieds.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I have the EZ S&W 9mm for a few years now and fired maybe 300 rounds at the range and qualified for my LTC. At my age and my very first semi, I wanted something easy. I haven't fired other 9mms to compare it to, but the slide isn't that "easy" for me to rack. It definitely takes an effort for me and not with just two fingers as I've read everywhere in reviews.

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    It definitely takes a little more than 2 fingers if you have a diminished had grip. I bought my wife the S&W EZ 9mm and she can rack it good then both my parents tried it. They shoot SASS, Their ages are 73 and 76 and are pretty good for the most part but the EZ is the only semi auto that they can manipulate. I have tried to get them to try my Glocks, H&K, 1911s, and Walther and they have all been too hard to manipulate.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I have the EZ S&W 9mm for a few years now and fired maybe 300 rounds at the range and qualified for my LTC. At my age and my very first semi, I wanted something easy. I haven't fired other 9mms to compare it to, but the slide isn't that "easy" for me to rack. It definitely takes an effort for me and not with just two fingers as I've read everywhere in reviews.
    Thanks

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I’m just gonna have to wait for a Gun Show and try them out. Anybody sees a deal don’t hesitate to let me know Max out.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I’m just gonna have to wait for a Gun Show and try them out. Anybody sees a deal don’t hesitate to let me know Max out
    Many (most) gun ranges have firearms you can rent and not expensive.That is a very good way to try different guns.and no gun shows. Once you buy you're stuck. Try before you buy.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Hi Max - sorry for the delayed reply, I didn't see your earlier request to me.

Until very recently all I owned were revolvers because I could not rack any slide. Kept looking though, every time at a LGS or pawn shop I'd try one, or many, including the S&W EZs. No go.

Then I found one, and it's now my only gun (gave the rest to hubby lol).
    It's the S&W Equalizer, 9mm. I think the difference between it and the others is the grooves on the slide are 'deeper' more defined, and my limited grip strength handles it easily. And, it's just an all around great gun, in my limited experienced opinion. My husb likes it so much too that he kept shooting it so I told him to go get his own which he did! LOL

Good luck on your search and I hope you get a chance to try the Equalizer. It might not be for everybody but it sure answered my prayers. :)

tgt172.jpg

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Sounds like we’re in the same boat, or at least I’m getting there.

I carried a PPK for a long time, when it was time to change mags, I could not unload the chamber without using the kitchen counter. I went from a blowback gun, to a 9 mm Ladysmith That I could manipulate as it being a delayed blowback. As of last week, I’m back to the PPK story. Now the only thing I can use are tip up barrels, or revolvers.

I got a lot of good information off this thread and don’t know why I didn’t think about going and running one or two or three.

Thanks for your input as well.

Max out

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I have hereditary erosive osteoarthritis and very, very weak thumbs; must use pliers to open milk cartons.

But I can ‘’rack’’ 9mm GLOCKS, with difficulty; or, more easily by gripping the slides b/t 4 fingers and swell of palms.

The 1911’s are harder.

Haven’t tried the Smith EZ’s yet.

<>

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    I bought the Ruger Security-380 with the Lite Rack slide (I believe 380 is the biggest caliber they offer with the Lite Rack Slide) a few months back. The slide is very easy to rack, and very minimal recoil when firing. I’m about average strength, and I can rack the slide fairly easily with two fingers.

I’ve never tried the S&W ez rack, so I can’t really compare the two.

Here’s a really good video that shows a side by side comparison of the two.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom