• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Had one in a previous lease in SA, had them in AZ, FL, and a few other southern states, all private, non housing authority properties.

Always ignored them. No need to talk to them at all as I never felt it was their business to know that I owned firearms. IF I actually had to use a firearm in defense of my family or property, the possibility of eviction wouldn't cross my mind. More then likely I would be looking to find new residence anyway.

Crazy. I check whenever I get a new lease, never have seen a no-guns thing, though. Would definitely negotiate that part out for sure, if I bothered renting there at all.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    well I've had a wooden crate of ammo show up at the front office, several boxes from PSA, one Primary Arms, another PSA and another Midway are going to show up on friday at the front office.

Last time I went to go pick up I saw two midway boxes for someone else. I'm in deep blue but I guess they don't care about guns around here.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Boxes of this printed article should be taken to the worst parts of town, surrounding area and distributed "liberally'

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I don't think the landlords should be able to change the terms of his lease midstream, but if his lease doesn't extend past October 1, there's not much he can do. It sounds like he's over a barrel because of his lack of money and his landlord is taking advantage of that to further his political agenda. Hopefully the right person will read the article and offer him a decent place to stay at a reasonable rate. Hopefully, he can organize his fellow tenants to increase his bargaining power and negotiate a settlement.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    BTW, this is what happened to the housing authority on the Left Coast when they tried the same thing. When uber-liberal, horribly anti-gun, unafraid to pass completely illegal laws San Francisco freaks out and settles with the NRA, you know they knew they were going to lose. I would bet this issue in Colorado was ended due to a call or two from an NRA lawyer. "Ya know... we can sue the hell out of you, then you pay us for it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Montag_Doe_v._San_Francisco_Housing_Authority

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Tell crooks theres a gun free zone. Rob and rape at will. I hope he is joking

Precisely. Joking of course. It would be fun to watch the expressions of the Libtards that run the place when told that was going to be circulated.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Precisely. Joking of course. It would be fun to watch the expressions of the Libtards that run the place when told that was going to be circulated.

They wouldn't get it and the tenants would suffer.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    well I've had a wooden crate of ammo show up at the front office, several boxes from PSA, one Primary Arms, another PSA and another Midway are going to show up on friday at the front office.

Last time I went to go pick up I saw two midway boxes for someone else. I'm in deep blue but I guess they don't care about guns around here.

Plenty of people are plain oblivious.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    They wouldn't get it and the tenants would suffer.

In the end I hope that the displaced people find a better place to live and that the Oakwood company takes a huge hit to their pockets.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In the end I hope that the displaced people find a better place to live and that the Oakwood company takes a huge hit to their pockets.

They've dropped the no-guns thing.

They had to. Property is owned by a housing authority, and only managed by these Ross assholes.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Being retired, I see Judge Judy pretty often. Her take on things like this goes:
    "If you don't like it.....MOVE!"

There's no question that they changed provisions of the lease after the fact and that entitles you to skate if you wish, without penalty. They broke the lease....not you.

If Sage is correct, they backed off.

That's how and why I left Chicago and Illinois. F 'em.

Flash

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We can compare this to a self defense situation. Liberals want us to lay down, be quiet and take what the thug wants to do to us. When you fight back, it's not so much fun for the BG and they back off.

I grew up with all kinds of criminals. Most are lazy and will jump on the easiest mark. Liberals are like that, too. Folks squawked and it didn't go as planned.

"When in doubt, fight it out!"
    Don't be easy.

Flash

Top Bottom