• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Your title and intro certainly are not in line with the facts. You make him appear singled out. This has nothing to do with him being ex military or with his rights.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yup. Still bs though. Since the landlords own the property and his renting and keeps his property their what can be done? If I were him I'd move. Since they changed the policy of his lease after he has moved in that should give him the right to get out of his contract correct?

zenfly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Your title and intro certainly are not in line with the facts. You make him appear singled out. This has nothing to do with him being ex military or with his rights.
    I am a landlord..Have been for many yrs and I don't think we have any rights to over ride any Americans constitutional rights.. Our govt does this every day wiping their a$$ with our constitution..

and I don't remember posting any facts..only the title..the way it was written

Last edited:

zenfly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Well it does not really matter what you think, it matters what the law allows.
    So few realize today that any law or portion of a law that conflicts with the constitution is rendered void.. The constitution and our 2nd is still the supreme law of the land.. Period

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So few realize today that any law or portion of a law that conflicts with the constitution is rendered void.. The constitution and our 2nd is still the supreme law of the land.. Period

So few realize today that that it is SCOTUS who decides what is and what not Constitutional, not themselves.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, I share your opinion but a law isn't unconstitutional until the Supreme Court says so or people in mass choose to make sure they are heard.

Edit: Oops, too late

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

So few today realize that the bill of rights limits the government, not a privately owned apartment complex.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    and I don't remember posting any facts..only the title..the way it was written

You posted a link to the article, then used misleading, false and inflammatory language in the title of your thread and the description of the link.

The complex has every right to control the property. His being ex military, ex marine or anything else has nothing to do with the issue. It was not just him, and it is not just guns. You cannot force your beliefs on others. Don't like the rules, cool with me. It's a free country; live somewhere else.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I see a large increase in crime at these apartments in the near future. dude needs to move for sure.

I've seen many leases that have a no weapons policy. This is not uncommon. Had he not said anything and made a case about it, management would have been none the wiser. If in the event that he did indeed need to use his firearm, then he could have just dealt with management after the fact.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'd like to know who owns this complex, and what's in the lease. There's more to this, and I have a feeling the landlord might be overstepping.

The only no-weapons lease I've heard of was a Housing Authority on the left coast, and threat of 2A lawsuit made them remove it. Then again, that's a government agency...

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I have had the no weapons clause removed from my lease at an apartment complex that i lived at. If you catch it before you sign the lease its not hard to have them removed. All i had to tell the apartment manager is that if that clause was not removed i would have to have a notarized form showing her and the management company criminally and financially liable for any break in, theft or injury as a result of either. She took out a red pen crossed through the clause, initialed and had the office notary notarize the removal of the clause.

To be honest i didnt know if it was going to work but it did. And if it didnt i would have went somewhere else.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So few realize the founders never intended the SCOTUS to determine constitutionality of laws.

+1, but that only proves my point.

So few realize The Federal Convention of 1787 was supposed to revise the Articles of Confederation, not create a new Constitution.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'd like to know who owns this complex, and what's in the lease. There's more to this, and I have a feeling the landlord might be overstepping.

The only no-weapons lease I've heard of was a Housing Authority on the left coast, and threat of 2A lawsuit made them remove it. Then again, that's a government agency...

Had one in a previous lease in SA, had them in AZ, FL, and a few other southern states, all private, non housing authority properties.

Always ignored them. No need to talk to them at all as I never felt it was their business to know that I owned firearms. IF I actually had to use a firearm in defense of my family or property, the possibility of eviction wouldn't cross my mind. More then likely I would be looking to find new residence anyway.

Top Bottom