Gun Zone Deals

Enhance or repair your gun sights with Glow-On super phosphorescent (OK )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On gun sights paint purchase options real size

In the diagram below we attempt to show the real life size of some presentations of Glow-On Super Phosphorescent.
    sometimes it seems that the better option is to buy larger size vials because one gets more bang for the buck. However it can be an overkill if we don't have use for the paint and after a year or so when we open the small vial the paint has seized and dried ( which is what paint does).

The diagram has been corrected ( the diagram on previous posts the self adhesive was out of proportion), if right click on the photo and choose "view image" to see it in real size.
    Shades.gif

gun_sights_paint_presentation.png
    Hurley's Gold

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Super Phosphorescent gun sights paint: The highest standards rule , always.

This is the challenge:
    I know if I'm in the market for a small quantity of premium glow in the dark paint for my gun sights, fishing lures, etc. there is a handful of brands I can go with to fulfill my need for glow stuff.
    What I'd be looking for :
    The brightest afterglow.
    Superior daytime visibility.
    Non-toxicity.
    Non radioactive product to be safe.
    A non flammable, non combustible product because I plan to use it on a firearm.
    Superior adherence.
    Resistance to chemical corrosion.
    If any of the above fails,:ohnoes: a 100 % money back guarantee or a 100% no extra cost, free replacement.

Simply put:The brightest the initial afterglow a product displays, the longer it will glow. All things being equal and Dollar for Dollar you'll always get more from Glow-on Super Phosphorescent.

There is a reason why we're number one gun sights paint in the USA.
    amerflag.gif

Gun_sights%20_glow_paint_decay.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Give your pump gun a facelift

To every man, his home is his castle and he shall defend it as such.
    bazooka.gif

Add to that the fact that most of us appreciate raw power and the decisions is easy.
    Automatic or pump, no matter, one shell usually settles matters.
    ( please use proper training and practice before you attempt to man one of these ):ohnoes:

gun_sights_paint_3.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On gun sights paint: Can this stuff be 'charged' by LED lighting?

can this stuff be 'charged' by LED lighting?
    Absolutely, a small tactic lamp will suffice, they go together like PB & J.

Preparedness is the key here. Plan ahead, practice for any eventuality, have the right stuff at hand and make sure is in good condition.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

P1020008.jpg

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Old gun sights quite improved with Glow-On gun sights paint

Some of you surely recognize this sights. Quite improved with Glow-On. I know guys who have four or five of these.
    dancing_banana.gif
    dancing_banana.gif
    dancing_banana.gif

With a half a dozen of this tools and Glow-On, a cold evening shooting practice is in order.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_glow_paint_2012-10-04.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On gun sights paint: use it with confidence: Solid state, no movable parts.

We get several kind reviews via our website every day, as a man who never takes anything for granted, I always want to know what people are talking about and as a matter of fact, we check our product often.
    After it dries it's solid state, no movable parts, nothing will brake it.
    So walked into the backyard , my rifle in hand and this is what it looks like when you do that:

glow-gun%20sights_2012-10-05a.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Do you take a us postal money as payment if so send let me know were to send it thank

Do you take a us postal money as payment if so send let me know were to send it thanks

Yes, we take Office money orders.

1.- Please go to our website:

Purchase

2.- Calculate price and shipping using the shopping cart
    3.- Purchase a money order for the total purchase and send it along with your name and address to:

Glow-On
    PO Box 12328
    OK City, OK
    73157-2328

To purchase Glow-On directly you can visit:

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_paint_how_to_2.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Multiple configurations can be achieved with our product.

Multiple configurations can be achieved with our product. We no longer have to be stuck with standard white dots with which almost every firearm comes equipped with.
    As for mil spec iron sights, well, imagination is the limit.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

glow_gun_sights_2012-10-12a.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    How do I know if I have applied enough paint to my gun sights?

xd40sgiht2.jpg

How do I know if I have applied enough paint to my gun sights? Is there a chart somewhere to check if I have done the best that can be done with the product?

On top of every vial of Glow-On there is a small dot made with the same material inside the vial. One can check immediately the properties of Glow-On upon the products arrival.
    This dot is a good point of reference to compare our gun sights job, if the result is not the same, we might need to apply a bit more, etc, etc.
    thinking.gif
    Factors like thickness of the application and drying time are important assessing the afterglow.

With the self adhesive it's a lot simpler, its a single layer and it can be applied only as a single layer

glow_in_the_dark_paint.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    How long will the Original color glow for?

How long will the Original color glow for?

From our web page:
    Advantages

For how long will it glow after full exposure?

Full charge can be achieved in a few seconds under a small LED flashlight.
    Under daylight, this happens almost instantaneously.
    Under daylight, Glow-On constantly emits and reflects light, making the transition from illuminated to dark areas very smooth.

The afterglow duration time is 1200 minutes until decay is complete (as tested at the laboratory).
    This means the phosphorescent activity ends completely at that time. To the human eye it is perceptible 5-7 hours, depending on individual sensitivity.

The initial glow is very bright, brighter than tritium, and it starts to decay slowly for hours. If you have good night vision (natural human eye adaptation to the dark) the glow will be clearly perceived by you all night long, even if it is faint.
    A couple of seconds under a led flashlight will revive the glow to its fullest.
    This cycle can be repeated millions of times during the life of the product which is about ten years.

glow_in_the_dark_paint2.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Luminous gun sights paint for a backyard scan.

Haven't used my glow on for a while and now when I go to use it I see that
    it has hardened quite a bit in the bottle. Can I loosen it up with some water or
    something else?

This happens as the water content in the small bottle evaporates and the mix seizes , which it's intended to do while it dries.
    This happens to any kind of paint over a period of time, specially if the jar, can, vial, is very small or if the amounts of paint are very small.

To solve this issue we just add a couple of drops of water and the mix will re-acquire the paint consistency, that is creamy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, yesterday we installed new security lights and cameras outside a friends house and we took some photos with a couple of sidearms. We were trying to simulate what our Glow-On enhanced gun sights would look while we scanned the area.

Of course in the presence of bright light Glow-On initial glow is not incredible. In any case, we were happily surprised to see our product performing very well while we walked for several minutes around the area.
    Needles to say, we exposed the gun sights to the small 6 LED pocket flashlights we all carry in our pockets. But, only for a period of about five seconds.

gun_sights_paint_2012-10-26.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    A quick scan over my property or grounds shouldn't be a problem.
    thinking.gif

I should have the advantage because I know it beforehand and most usually I'll be there first, which means I should have control of the situation.
    Whether I have security lights or a single flashlight, Glow-On will serve me well as I establish a safe zone.

For this specific situation, a 5 second exposure of the small flashlight over my gun sights and I'm ready to check things out.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_paint_2012-10-27.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Under some extreme conditions you can line up a shot with Glow-On gun sights paint

Under some extreme light conditions one can line up a shot with Glow-On.
    True, one might not needed for other situation.

It's just that extra thing to rise our chances a bit, just in case.

Just like carrying some extra change for the parking meter.
    notworthy.gif

Good weekend everyone
    wavey.gif

glow_gun_sights_paint_2012-10-26.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    100% customer support from Glow-On.

"How much paint do I need for 5 guns?"

A: One small vial (2.3 ml) will more than enough for this job. In fact there's enough for more than 25 pistols.
    35.gif
    And that's a conservative estimate.

After every use I add a few drops of water to the top and close the vial as tightly as I can.
    This should keep the paint fresh for a few months.
    In fact, one could fill the vial to the top after every use, and when the time comes to use it again, just tip the vial to get the excess water out and stir, fresh paint again
    wave.gif

Water won't damage the paint and it will keep it fluid.
    If the paint show crumbs after a few months, just add water and stir vigorously.
    If one adds too much water and the paint is to thin, just keep the vial open for a few hours for the excess to evaporate.

You get the idea, water is the key to keep it fresh.
    danceban.gif

In any case, please remember, after you purchase our product, you have our full support.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_paint_2012-10-29a.png

Top Bottom