• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Do you really think congress pays any attention to the working man? You know Joe Blow, who your representatives are supposed to represent.

I have some ocean front property in Arizona I want to talk to you about.
    That's my point... when we're rioting in the streets & you shut companies down for over a week & you have America at a stand still because no ones going to work & shits not getting done they will do what we tell them...to get the country going forward again. But if we have the same complacent attitude that we've had for the last 50 years of "that's just the government, theres nothing you can do" attitude then we ain't fixing shit!
    Like i said until the working man shuts shit down & stops coming to work, theres nothing the politicians aren't going to change. They dont have to change because we haven't got pissed yet.. so they just keep pissing on us.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The Xers and millenials are our children.
    Do you really think we just fucked this thing up and never gave a thought to their future?
    Your anger is misguided.
    When I was in my 20s and 30s, I felt much like you, but I sure didn't blame my parents.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    It's real simple. The baby boomers are bankrupting the United States. I've provided the data in SEVERAL threads on this forum and others.

Social security, Medicare, and Medicaid are 63% (will be 65% this year) of the budget and rising. They are insatiable monsters that, in the next ten years, will become 80%+ of the budget not including the interest on the continued borrowing we make to pay for them. They must be cut.. PERIOD. They are not sustainable and they never should have been approved but multiple generations have kicked the can down the road. By 2030 we will be insolvent. There is no avoiding it. The math doesn't lie.

I haven't done the research on SSI & MEDCAD/CARE but would add PORK spending to the list. I posted a link in a thread a few months ago about some of the pork spending. I'll see if I can find it.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    No its your generation's fault for continuing to vote in politicians that would not cut the entitlements. That your generation has REPEATEDLY threatened to oust any politician who even spoke of doing so. My dad was a politician. It was considered political suicide to even mention social security in any way other than "yes we'll continue to fund it and expand it." Any other position was known to be a good way to end your career. THIS WAS THE POSITION OF BOTH REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS. YOURE ALL GUILTY AS SHIT FOR DOING IT.

You all will be dead before the rooster comes home or too old and senile to give a damn. The Xers and Millennials will be left with your mess. Odds are we will all have to forfeit these entitlements while still paying the TAX to fund the debt they created.
    Well, if the government wasn't permitted to take money from the Trust and toss IOUs willy-nilly into the so-called lockbox, things might be just a bit better off in the Social Security Trust Fund.

However, having said that, Social Security should never have been permitted to exist. FDR threatened the Court with his "Court-packing plan", and they capitulated, to a degree. And when Helvering v. Davis was decided in 1937, it was, essentially, under duress. The case was wrongly decided and needs to be overturned. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvering_v._Davis

The case was decided on the basis that Congress is permitted to tax and spend based upon the power to promote the general welfare; however, paying money to individuals does not amount to the "general welfare". It promotes the individual's welfare. Building a bridge that helps everyone is decidedly different from paying money to individuals--even lots of individuals. Social Security is a fraud and should NEVER have been permitted to mission-shift the authority of Congress.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No its your generation's fault for continuing to vote in politicians that would not cut the entitlements. That your generation has REPEATEDLY threatened to oust any politician who even spoke of doing so. My dad was a politician. It was considered political suicide to even mention social security in any way other than "yes we'll continue to fund it and expand it." Any other position was known to be a good way to end your career. THIS WAS THE POSITION OF BOTH REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS. YOURE ALL GUILTY AS SHIT FOR DOING IT.

You all will be dead before the rooster comes home or too old and senile to give a damn. The Xers and Millennials will be left with your mess. Odds are we will all have to forfeit these entitlements while still paying the TAX to fund the debt they created.
    Tell me, which generation only voted for the best people? Is it your generation that was trying to put the likes of Hillary in office? I can't make a generalization and point a finger at a generation as being responsible for all the worlds woes. Politics turn many people from what they believe to how can I benefit. When I vote I hope for the best, but that's not always what is gotten. Out of all the selections in the 2016 presidential election, Trump wasn't at the top of my list, but the only sure thing in my mind was what I would get is if HRC was elected and I know I didn't want that. I'm sure there is someone out there that is better than Trump, but whomever that might be wasn't an option.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Tell me, which generation only voted for the best people? Is it your generation that was trying to put the likes of Hillary in office? I can't make a generalization and point a finger at a generation as being responsible for all the worlds woes. Politics turn many people from what they believe to how can I benefit. When I vote I hope for the best, but that's not always what is gotten. Out of all the selections in the 2016 presidential election, Trump wasn't at the top of my list, but the only sure thing in my mind was what I would get is if HRC was elected and I know I didn't want that. I'm sure there is someone out there that is better than Trump, but whomever that might be wasn't an option.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...By 2030 we will be insolvent. There is no avoiding it. The math doesn't lie.

And in that same timeframe, between $30T and $60T in net wealth and life insurance proceeds will move from dead baby boomers to their chosen recipients, whether it be the kids, a stranger at a bar, or a philanthropic cause.

That won’t be an ‘equitable’ distribution across the board, but a large portion of that will move tax free or tax deferred.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Can't say that I see the younger generations voting any better, in fact mostly the opposite. Maybe take a look in the mirror?

As for me, I am counting on my own hard earned savings (IRA, 401k, etc.) to provide for me in my old age. I am not counting on SS.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’m convinced the National debt will only continue to increase. It just feels like we are beyond the point of no return. The ability to manage it moving forward seems like the logical solution. If not kept in control, the house of cards falls and life as we know it flips on its head.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I haven't done the research on SSI & MEDCAD/CARE but would add PORK spending to the list. I posted a link in a thread a few months ago about some of the pork spending. I'll see if I can find it.

Pork spending is less than 1% of the budget.. The real drain is SS, Medicare, and Medicaid. They are by far the largest portion of the budget (3 times the size of our military budget which is the next largest item) and they GROW annually. They will never get smaller.. EVER.. pork spending is so minute it's not even worth mentioning. We're talking 2.8 trillion worth of budgetary concerns versus MAYBE 50 billion. We've got to keep our eye on the prize. These programs HAVE TO END.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    And your solution?

End the programs, give rebates to those who want the money, they'll find in the amount they paid in is so much smaller than the "benefit" they would have received from the payouts. We should start paying retirees off right now. We could probably pay all the SS retirees off in one budgetary session. Medicaid.. yeah end that today... Texas doesn't even administer medicaid except to expectant mothers and children under 18. The amount Texans pay out to Medicaid versus what the state uses is incredible. We're subsidizing welfare states like California and others.... Medicare is trickier but still can be done. Just end the programs.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    End the programs, give rebates to those who want the money, they'll find in the amount they paid in is so much smaller than the "benefit" they would have received from the payouts. We should start paying retirees off right now. We could probably pay all the SS retirees off in one budgetary session. Medicaid.. yeah end that today... Texas doesn't even administer medicaid except to expectant mothers and children under 18. The amount Texans pay out to Medicaid versus what the state uses is incredible. We're subsidizing welfare states like California and others.... Medicare is trickier but still can be done. Just end the programs.
    So you want to pay out what those have paid in, yet it has always been perceived as an investment? My applause goes out to those that invested in other areas other than social security, but not all had the means to do so. When I started working the minimum wage was around $2.00 an hour, so SS was very little. And what about those that are already on social security, give them a few thousand and tell them to fin for themselves?

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    It's easy to say & most of us rational thinking citizens would agree we would like more of our tax dollars back.
    The problem is we're pretty much split as far as the country goes. There's almost no way to cut those programs when 50% of the country & politicians are liberal & think with their feelings instead of whats best for the country.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    So you want to pay out what those have paid in, yet it has always been perceived as an investment? My applause goes out to those that invested in other areas other than social security, but not all had the means to do so. When I started working the minimum wage was around $2.00 an hour, so SS was very little. And what about those that are already on social security, give them a few thousand and tell them to fin for themselves?

A few of us can drown or all of us can drown. I'll choose a few thank you.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    What I'd choose is the Constitution to survive, and each member of this Republic to know that they have to depend upon their own hard work to make a go of things--including after retirement. Maybe more kids need to consider that taking care of their elders after their elders retire is part of "honoring our father and mother", and know that it's not the government's job.

And I say this even though my wife and I have never had children and knowing full-well that we'll have to be responsible for our own selves.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom