• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post this topic but...

Does anyone else think it's unfair that the show (Doomsday Preppers) only seems to focus on the controversial personas? For every one of the tin-foil-hat, zombie-apocalypse, alien invasion, end-of-the-world nutcases they air on that show there are thousands of sane, rational preppers that are probably left scratching their heads. I wish the media would show true prepping in a better light.

I admit that in the past few years I've begun to look at prepping seriously. I lived through the L.A. Riots and the Northridge Quake (in fact, I was in the middle of both the hotspots) so I saw the very worst in people when disaster strikes. I have vivid memories of buildings burning just down the block, armed civilians patrolling the rooftops of their stores, grown men and women crying like babies on the curb, empty ATMs and police turning people away at the banks, and $20 for a gallon of water or $10 for a can of chili or spam.

Human nature is human nature and betting against it rather than preparing for the worst, in my opinion, is just plain stupid. Admins, is it possible to start a prepper forum or is that outside the scope of the site? Just wondering out loud.
    Lynx Defense

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    That's why you will never catch me on any of those shows. The producers set out to make everyone who participates look like full on retards and the ones being filmed are just thinking "hurr hurr i gunna be a star hurr hurr i cant wait to sign dem autograffffs at them next gun show for all my fans" when in reality we all are disgusted by them.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    That's the thing right there, any of the sane preppers wouldn't agreed to be filmed and put themselves in that situation to begin with. They keep quiet and do their own thing, preparing for the worst but hoping for the best, knowing what could happen and having a plan for it but for the most part living their lives like it won't.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Normal people do not make good TV or high ratings. Watch any reality TV and it is all the same. Film the people on the brink or over the edge of sanity and viewers will watch.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    There was a thread on this awhile back. I won't even watch that garbage. I remember the big fat guy got his prep supplies and firearms confiscated because they thought he was a danger to himself or others.

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    I agree. Those kind of shows only pick out the wierd assholes to get ratings. Those of us that do prepping wouldn't make
    good TV cause we'd end up shooting those suckers for trespassing. I've got a yrs worth of food and 6 months of water etc etc.
    Don't trust mankind one bit and if that county judge is right then obama will have all kinds of foreigners trying to take our lands.
    Let 'em try.

Top Bottom