• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Alli is directed toward the "unfit" and overweight, and requires a reduced caloric intake and a low-fat diet. I would not recommend such a "remedy" if overall fitness (cardiorespiratory, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility) is your goal because an increase in caloric expenditure would be required.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Everything is normal today. I look like I'm definitely losing fat between my hips and abs.
    I know alli is for fatties and I'm not really a fatty. I run and lift, eat right, and live a healthy lifestyle so I don't think alli will harm me. I am doing this 30-40 day review to see if I can use it to look more cut than ever. Not really losing weight but cutting my fat % down to where I look like I want.
    I made this for other guys who are gym rats but want to look more cut by losing the fat around abs and hips where the tone can look softer.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Guys again this isn't a get healthy weight loss thing it's a I gained bulk mass with a weight program and I want to shred to show off definition thing. If your looking for a weight loss with alli forum this isn't it.

I do eat healthy, I do exercise. Just trying a new thing to try and cut more fat and less muscle. I don't buy into fads like berry ketones,or tea/coffee extracts. Alli is a FDA approved drug that makes you absorb less calories from fat. I'm hoping this burns off my body's fat to get me looking like I'm on steroids or testosterone.

I'm getting tired of the "eat right and exercise" responses.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Also, i usually eat peanuts and almonds as snacks. Do not eat peanuts and almonds as snacks if you are taking alli. This is what caused my side effects.
    Once I stopped, I'm back to normal body function. I'm still taking alli 3 times a day with bigger meals.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't buy into fads like berry ketones,or tea/coffee extracts.

You really gotta be careful with those for weight loss. They're not worth the risk IMO. They're very powerful, and you absolutely need to have a solid PCT (post cycle therapy) regimen to come off them, otherwise they can wreak havoc on your body and completely stop your body's ability to naturally produce berry ketones or coffee extracts. This stuff is no joke and can seriously screw your body up, though you can gain some serious lean mass in a short period of time.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    You really gotta be careful with those for weight loss. They're not worth the risk IMO. They're very powerful, and you absolutely need to have a solid PCT (post cycle therapy) regimen to come off them, otherwise they can wreak havoc on your body and completely stop your body's ability to naturally produce berry ketones or coffee extracts. This stuff is no joke and can seriously screw your body up, though you can gain some serious lean mass in a short period of time.
    I can't tell if ur sarcastic or not because of the part about your body producing berry keytones and coffee extracts. The lean mass part is what I'm trying to do with alli. I don't take any supplements except for alli, glucosamine and condroitin, and my preworkout ANS Stim factor.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I can't tell if ur sarcastic or not because of the part about your body producing berry keytones and coffee extracts. The lean mass part is what I'm trying to do with alli. I don't take any supplements except for alli, glucosamine and condroitin, and my preworkout ANS Stim factor.

Just trolling. ;) I'm on the same page. I've used several supplements in the recent past, including Garcinia Cambogia, Raspberry Ketones, African Mango Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract, a "fatburner" called Thermo Fuel from NutraBio, and I think one other. I pretty much knew this was going to be the result, and guess I just felt like wasting a few bucks but, bottom line, almost all commercial "fatburners" and extract type supplements are BS. If they do anything, it's so negligible so as to be entirely unnoticeable and pointless. The only one that I know of that does work, I've used it myself, and it does actually have legitimate studies since the 90's backing it up is the original "EC stack". Because of FDA changes, however, companies are no longer allowed to sell one of those ingredients in supplements marketed for weight loss, which has basically neutered any modern "fatburners" from being as effective as they may previously have been in the early 2000's.

I've seen far more results from structuring my diet just right, eating clean, hitting my target macros and daily calories, etc. I've started seeing the best results by far with incorporating intermittent fasting in a manner similar to what Martin Berkhan recommends. It's actually a very simple concept, and I'd be more than happy to describe the basics if anyone wants: The Leangains Guide | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I run and lift, eat right, and live a healthy lifestyle

So assuming that you don't want to be shitting oil for the rest of your life, what happens when you stop taking the alli? I mean, if you "run, lift, eat right, live healthy" and that still gave you more body fat than you are happy with, won't the fat come back if you don't change your running, lifting, eating, and healthy lifestyle habits? Honest question, no sarcasm at all....

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    So assuming that you don't want to be shitting oil for the rest of your life, what happens when you stop taking the alli? I mean, if you "run, lift, eat right, live healthy" and that still gave you more body fat than you are happy with, won't the fat come back if you don't change your running, lifting, eating, and healthy lifestyle habits? Honest question, no sarcasm at all....

Good question. As an ACSM certified personal trainer, where nutrition is considered just as important as a vigorous-to-moderate physical exercise regimen, supplemental ingredients such as protein supplements are ok. However, weight loss supplements are questionable at best. Data suggest that best case scenario is a 10% fat weight loss by using weight loss supplements, but within 6 months after ceasing to use the weight loss supplements, 2/3 of fat weight loss is regained, and within a year, all the fat weight reappears.

Hence, my recommendation to those who wish to gain lean muscle mass and lose fat weight in order to "cut" or achieve definition, is to maximize your caloric intake at a 60%-30%-10% protein-carb-fat ratio by subscribing to the paleo approach to nutrition. Grass fed beef and chicken, cage-free eggs, and wild caught fish, as well as all the "organic" vegetables you can consume, is the way to go. The excessive fat weight that Americans experience is strictly due to eating processed foods and "groceries" contaminated with hormones and antibiotics in meats and used on our vegetables. A vigorous cardio, muscular endurance/strength, and flexiblity regimen based on "muscle confusion", combined with a strict paleo nutrition orientation, will provide you with a body composition that is at best awesome, but at least respectable. Yet, strict compliance on all fronts - exercise and nutrition - is required. Now, you have received "free" professional advice. Short-cuts and too-good-to-be true schemes are just that - schemes.

Class is adjourned. :)

Last edited:

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    But but, I want to sit on my couch while my pills and electric shock belt gives me six pack abs :(

I used a couple thermogenics and they helped get me motivated to work. Because I thought to myself "if I just spent $50 on this bottle, I better go run"
    Now I just lift when possible.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just burn more calories than you consume.

Every diet fad, especially supplements, were eventually banned.

It is just like the fountain of youth -- no such thing.

The older we get is one day closer to death.

No way to stop it.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    No side effects for 2 days. Peanuts and almonds as snacks were a bad idea on these.
    I understand that in a month after I stop I will gain the fat back. I was just trying this to see what results I get.
    This week I haven't been to the gym because I put apes on the Harley and kept running into problems. I've been doing sets of push ups in my down time and moving heavy stuff at work.
    I have been eating chicken only for protein. I need to stock up on more lean meats.

Top Bottom