• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I know its a long shot but I am looking for a Doberman

So if you happen to know someone that is moving and cant take there dobe and its around 1-3 years old drop me a line, but will consider pups or a bit older.

Looking for an indoor,friendly family member, no other dogs or cats in the house,no kids,decent sized fenced back yard for them to romp and do there business in. Ideal would be a fawn female with cropped ears and docked tail but I am open to any as long as they have a good attitude. And dog will be spayed or neutered as I don't want puppies in the future lol.

I am willing to travel a reasonable distance 100 miles or so.

I have apps in to several rescues and will see where those go also.

Oh and to make sure it fits I need them to be willing to protect my gun safe from all intruders

thanks for your time.
    DK Firearms

tmperez

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Austin Tx
    Are you only looking for a Doberman?

Why not consider another breed, like a bully breed. Most people are scared just by sight of pitty mixes, I can guarantee no one will even look at the safe when a big square headed dog is staring them down. Additionally, despite all the bad press, Pits are some of the best family dogs (we have 3)

Pits and Pit mixes remind me of and AR15, when every there is a bit or a shooting, if its a bully breed dog or an AR you will hear about it, if its a bolt action rifle or a lab you wont.

I volunteer at Austin Pets Alive and there are some fantastic dogs I work with that really need a home. PM me if you want to meet up there I can introduce you to some cool dogs.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Where are you located. Freind of a freind just mentioned a Year old warlock doberman he wants to get rid of​

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    yep Dobie only.

I have been a rottweiler owner for the last 25 years and a fan of dobes for just as long. My 14 Year old Rott just passed and I cant bring myself to get another so its time to try out a dobe. I have apps out to all the Texas rescues and finnaly was approved at 2 so will be meeting dogs this weekend.

I have never been a Pitt fan just not the right body and head shape I guess. Nothing wrong with them and I know lots of awesome pits. I threw the protect the safe in there in jest i am looking for a family member not a guard dog :).

I am close to Austin but as far as "warlock" that is a myth and only means a dog breed out of the standard on the large side. If things at the rescue don't go well I will pm you for info But if he does have to get rid of his dog PLEASE don't take it to a shelter or its likely to be euthanized. Have him contact a doberman rescue or multi breed rescue and give the dog a chance. I would also recommend if he lists it on cregs list to omit the Warlock part from the listing unless that is the dogs name :).

Thanks for the tips

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Pity last Christmas I gave my idiot I mean baby lol up to a Doberman rescue.

uploadfromtaptalk1405023191581.jpg

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    yep Dobie only.

I have been a rottweiler owner for the last 25 years and a fan of dobes for just as long. My 14 Year old Rott just passed and I cant bring myself to get another so its time to try out a dobe. I have apps out to all the Texas rescues and finnaly was approved at 2 so will be meeting dogs this weekend.

I have never been a Pitt fan just not the right body and head shape I guess. Nothing wrong with them and I know lots of awesome pits. I threw the protect the safe in there in jest i am looking for a family member not a guard dog :).

I am close to Austin but as far as "warlock" that is a myth and only means a dog breed out of the standard on the large side. If things at the rescue don't go well I will pm you for info But if he does have to get rid of his dog PLEASE don't take it to a shelter or its likely to be euthanized. Have him contact a doberman rescue or multi breed rescue and give the dog a chance. I would also recommend if he lists it on cregs list to omit the Warlock part from the listing unless that is the dogs name :).

Thanks for the tips

Don't know much about Dobermans are "the Warlock myth" Its a @ 2 year old male that's fine with the family but shows some aggression to sons teenage friends. I like Catahoula leopards myself

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    The Warlock myth is from what I've gathered that back in the 19 70s they bred Dobermans with Great Danes to try and get a larger Doberman read it on the interweb doesn't mean it's true just passing it along.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    well Samuel Adams has a new home and is hard at work . 5 months old and full of energy/ Litter was born on presidents day and all named after pres and first ladies.

Sam.jpg

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Rip Sammy 2/22/14 - 7/10/23

started not eating and having what I would call smokers cough. A trip to the vet and being told he has heart disease and it sounds like its very bad he even called his student in to listen.

Placed on meds and given a few food items to try.The Dr said he needs to run tests but from what I hear he is not going to make it much longer. Blood test showed his other organs were still working

He did start eating the new food and baby food but it only lasted 2 weeks or so. He would still take raw meat and a few bites of human food.

At 3 weeks from his first visit he was down to 75lbs from 88 lbs and he was never "fat" .

The Dr listened again and said the meds were not doing what they should be doing. Take him home give him anything he wants and be ready to bring him back in when its time he doubts he makes it a week.

We were back at the vet 2 days latter he was struggling to stand his gums were totaly gray <no o2 to his body> they were discolored from the beginning.

20210808_043202.jpg

PXL_20230326_154605349.jpg

sam3.jpg

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Sorry for your loss. I lost a greyhound last weekend a few hours short of his 12th birthday.

I waiting to see how the younger greyhound adjusts before getting another dog.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I'm happy Sammy was part of a family who loved him! My condolences to you sir. I had two dobies, Viktor and Isabella - brother and sister from the same litter. They were part of our family for only about 8 years before they passed. Best breed of dogs I've ever had in my life. I miss them tremendously as I'm sure you will miss Sammy. Notwithstanding, they are missed because they brought us so much joy - cherish it my friend.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

started not eating and having what I would call smokers cough. A trip to the vet and being told he has heart disease and it sounds like its very bad he even called his student in to listen.

Placed on meds and given a few food items to try.The Dr said he needs to run tests but from what I hear he is not going to make it much longer. Blood test showed his other organs were still working

He did start eating the new food and baby food but it only lasted 2 weeks or so. He would still take raw meat and a few bites of human food.

At 3 weeks from his first visit he was down to 75lbs from 88 lbs and he was never "fat" .

The Dr listened again and said the meds were not doing what they should be doing. Take him home give him anything he wants and be ready to bring him back in when its time he doubts he makes it a week.

We were back at the vet 2 days latter he was struggling to stand his gums were totaly gray they were discolored from the beginning.

View attachment 397098

View attachment 397099

View attachment 397105
    My condolences. Beautiful dog.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

We were back at the vet 2 days latter he was struggling to stand his gums were totaly gray <no o2 to his body> they were discolored from the beginning.

View attachment 397098

View attachment 397099

View attachment 397105
    Sorry to hear that. Saying goodbye is really tough. Still miss mine.

Top Bottom