IMG_1495.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Get a chance to shoot it yet?
    Not yet. Between it & the Colt SCWS (16 inch upper & ACOG both need their cherries popped)I have an itchy trigger finger. I have a 20 I Hear& ACOG the barrel still has the wick in it. Both of those ACOG's were bought last year.

At least I got to shoot the Colt 9mm SMG upper & the Sig 226with the SRO & suppressor.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    May I be so bold as to ask how much was that ?
    I have an new original DOE upper assembly and an M16 lower but don't want to reduce the value of the upper or modify the lower to shoot it anyhow so a nice clone would be neat.
    Just tried to find their website. Apparently they don't have one.

PS The DOE is my favorite variation of the M16.
    Transferable ones are crazy $$$ and crazy rare.

PS can anyone tell me if this is a real Colt DOE upper ?
    I cant tell the repros anymore. It has the proper upper receiver logos but do the repros also have them ?

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Mine was built by Tom Liemohn & it cost me $1158.00 including shipping. I have the upgraded hand guards that he let me have at his cost of $120.00. He has a facebook page but no real web site. Tom is well known for these & Colt Moderators both NFA & non NFA. His wait times vary on vendors reproducing the hand guard. I ordered mine for a Christmas present to myself. Tom has a real job that he puts in lots of hours on.

If you have a real deal DOE upper they are worth stupid money to a Colt collector especially one with the Colt smg lower. If you think that your's is a real deal Colt DOE I'd put it in the back of the safe & mark it as rare & $$$.

There are a few other builders of DOE clones out there. Tom says he is no longer working on any of the other clones to make them right. Colt LMG are another upper that clones are out there. A true colt LMG upper is around $4K.

I was really thinking of a period correct optic for mine, but that's really nothing they had back then. I was leaning towards a C-More Scout but they are long discontinued.

Top Bottom