Votes: 11 5.0%

• Total voters
    • This poll will close: .

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Peprofilee issued by the county sheriffs and it's their discretion how, or even whether, they'll issue. I'm fortunate enough to live in a county where the sheriff is very pro-2a. If you can pass a background check, you'll get one here... good statewide. The sheriff in the county just north of us issues them, too ... at a cost of about $5,000 (to his re-election campaign). They're made of unobtanium in places like LA and the Bay Area...

Got a kick out of the ''do you need help'' comment, welcome aboard DRN..
    Hurley's Gold

Easy CZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Oklahoma, aka North Texas
    a9yhygu8.jpg

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    i like to have at minimum 100rds for handguns/shotguns and 1000k rounds for rifles on me at all times either on my person or in the vehicle. i also have smoke grenades and parachute flares.

and an apache on stand by. Super mall ninjee!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I carry a spare gun instead... A "NY reload" is faster and if you accept that you could have a magazine failure and prepare for that, you might as well prepare for a gun failure, too.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I carry a spare gun instead... A "NY reload" is faster and if you accept that you could have a magazine failure and prepare for that, you might as well prepare for a gun failure, too.

I agree with the concept. However, for me at least, it is a matter or practicality. I can carry a mag much easier than a second gun. Especially in the summer.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I agree with the concept. However, for me at least, it is a matter or practicality. I can carry a mag much easier than a second gun. Especially in the summer.
    I'm probably one of the few people who advocate for a smaller gun ;)
    It's definitely one of those things that is heavily influenced by personal preferences, but I'd rather have two small guns than one large one.

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    I carry two spares. The reason is that it helps to balance out the weight. I have no illusions about ever lasting long enough in a sustained gun fight that I'd go through all that ammo so if anyone wants to accuse me of being "Macho Rambo", forget it.

Having just a pistol on the strong side will drag the wearer's belt down even if it's a quality gun belt. Having two mags with 30 rounds on the opposite side helps to counteract this.

If the carrier has lower back issues as I sometimes have, it helps with that as well.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I carry two spares. The reason is that it helps to balance out the weight. I have no illusions about ever lasting long enough in a sustained gun fight that I'd go through all that ammo so if anyone wants to accuse me of being "Macho Rambo", forget it.

Having just a pistol on the strong side will drag the wearer's belt down even if it's a quality gun belt. Having two mags with 30 rounds on the opposite side helps to counteract this.

If the carrier has lower back issues as I sometimes have, it helps with that as well.

This sounds like great justification for a mirror image carry rig and second identical gun carried on the support hand side. I mean after all, it would properly balance the weight distribution. ;) Just messin with ya.

Vehemence

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Cypress
    Whenever possible, yes. I carry one extra mag for whatever gun I'm wearing, usually on my belt on my opposite hip from the location of the gun in an Uncle Mike's nylon & Velcro magazine pouch. Nothing fancy, but works just fine. If I'm not wearing a belt I just keep the mag in the same mag pouch in a front pocket. The Uncle Mike's pouch is inexpensive and fits most full size, single and double-stack mags (even for my full size HK USP45). I have some nice Galco fitted leather mag carriers for my 1911's and my USP45, but I rarely carry those guns/mags anymore, as I prefer to carry something more compact.

When carrying a backup pistol, I don't always carry a spare mag.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm surprised at the results. I figured it would be reversed with more folks not carrying a spare mag. When I was carrying a revolver I did keep a spare speed loader. Now I carry a sig p225. I have a spare mag in my vehicle but not on my person.

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    I carry one, might-should carry two.

It's not so much for the spare rounds as I believe eight are usually enough, but rather for clearing malfunctions. If you have to rip the existing mag from the gun, then you've probably ruined the feed lips.

Regards,

Josh

Ghosty1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Beaumont
    depends, really. i dont currently have a CHL, but i do "pack" as to truck, etc. wife as well.
    if we are using the glocks (i rotate, no reason, i just do) i keep a standard 17 rnd mag loaded (not chambered-its a glock) and a spare 33 rnd. wife packs a g19, so 15 rnd mag and also a 33 as a spare.
    if i rotate out and use the p1 or the 1911, yes, i keep an extra mag, in console, but capacities are lower...
    *if i hear one more politician who doesnt know...say that glock hi cap mags are 30 rnd, ill scream! MINE ARE FACTORY 33RND! do your homework before you pass laws!*
    rant over...

Top Bottom