• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOTB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Plano
    I like this idea, the chair bag, but I'd like to experiment more to see how to reduce printing without having to spend much effort on wrapping the gun with "stuff." Don't get me wrong, that is probably fine and completely acceptable for most situations -- but still, its a good idea and I'd like to see how to improve on it.

Also, I'm going to look at some other guns to see what else works -- ie, non-mag fed guns, lever-action guns, etc....
    Lynx Defense

Medic738

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    I used to think everyone was out to rob me but in the last 6 months I have built 6 AR's for neighbors and taught 4 others how to shoot. We have a good little block in a sketchy neighborhood.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Chair bag works for shotguns, too... The $4.99 chair was a little too small, so I had to upgrade to the $14.99 chair. The $14.99 chair fits me a little better, too ;)
    When the chair is folded in the bag, it is roughly square shaped. I didn't want to use a round pvc cap and let the rest of the bag be "loose", so I cut up a box and put it back together to the appropriate size. It protects the bottom of the bag from the muzzle poking through and gives the general shape of a chair being in the bag.

9598455869_cd1d33f887_c.jpg

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    Seems like not just a good idea for transport but a good idea for people without gun safes as a way to hide their gun from burglars.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The tennis racket thing works great for folding stock rifles and bullpups.

I keep my two 7.5" ar pistols in tennis bags. I paid like $17 apiece for them and they're nice and padded with pockets in front with room for a couple of spare mags, a single point sling, and some lube. Those Blackhawk discreet cases are a joke. If you're serious about hiding a full sized rifle, I would buy a replacement Roland or Korg keyboard/synth hard case and pose as a musician. Smoke bidis and wear a yarn hat, no one will look twice at you.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I keep my two 7.5" ar pistols in tennis bags. I paid like $17 apiece for them and they're nice and padded with pockets in front with room for a couple of spare mags, a single point sling, and some lube. Those Blackhawk discreet cases are a joke. If you're serious about hiding a full sized rifle, I would buy a replacement Roland or Korg keyboard/synth hard case and pose as a musician. Smoke bidis and wear a yarn hat, no one will look twice at you.

Bidis!! Those things are still around?? :laughing:

I knew a guy who used a tennis bag as well for a full auto Uzi. No one thought twice about it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Bidis!! Those things are still around?? :laughing:

I knew a guy who used a tennis bag as well for a full auto Uzi. No one thought twice about it.

I actually have no idea, I haven't seen one since high school. :D

Tennis bag is definitely the way to go. It helps with you wear shorts, athletic shoes, and a headband. LOL.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I guess at this point, I would just take mine apart at the take down pins wrap the two pieces in t-shirts so they aren't clankin around and put it in a back pack. Normally, I just carry it openly or in a rifle bag though.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Since I carefully chose my neighborhood, I don't feel the need to go to any great lengths to disguise my weapons when loading up the truck. There are no through streets and the demographics are 97% White, 2% Hispanic, and 1% Israeli (ex-IDF Commando) so any vatos or homies diddly-bopping through soon find themselves objects of Police scrutiny. My city was the 2nd safest in Texas when I moved here 10 years ago, dropped to 6th recently mainly due to the efforts of two families but that is self-correcting as one as been murdered and another is in prison so we should be back to #2 again real soon.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Our neighbor behind us is the nosey kind. Both the husband and wife have pissed off most of their neighbors (including us) with their shenanigans. When I leave to go the the range I make sure they are not watching and have most of my bags and things wrapped over with a blanket. We have to disguise are shooting wares because of them.

Just have a bunch of hideously ugly fat dudes come over and run around the back yard in Speedos. That'll probably cure them of staring into your back yard.

imntxs564

M1 Carbine Collector & ALL Surplus Made For It !!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Corpus Christi
    My neighbors all pretty keep to themselves and probably wouldn't notice, but if they saw me leaving with the guitar case, they'd probably say to themselves "Thank God he's going somewhere else to play that thing!" :p

I needed a good laugh...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Chair bag works for shotguns, too... The $4.99 chair was a little too small, so I had to upgrade to the $14.99 chair. The $14.99 chair fits me a little better, too ;)
    When the chair is folded in the bag, it is roughly square shaped. I didn't want to use a round pvc cap and let the rest of the bag be "loose", so I cut up a box and put it back together to the appropriate size. It protects the bottom of the bag from the muzzle poking through and gives the general shape of a chair being in the bag.

9598455869_cd1d33f887_c.jpg

That's the ticket. I am going to use the chair bag cover for my Zastava M92 SBR truck gun. I could even keep a pair or more in there and make it look like a family of chairs for a soccer game.

Another thought is that I am going to pick up a cheap plastic box from Wally to put at the bottom to change the shape and keep any barrels from poking through.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom