DK Firearms

Dirt Bikes, quads, & mowers... (Not sure if this belongs here...)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was racing the Huskies and the Macco 501 were nothing to be trifled with. They ran open class in the scrambles and could take the checker any time there was a decent rider on them. Unfortunately, I was riding for a different sponsor,
    FIL races in the vintage bike series and has raced his whole life. He has few bikes I would eat off of.

Maybe ya'll have crossed paths. Eddie Parks ring a bell?
    Lynx Defense

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    FIL races in the vintage bike series and has raced his whole life. He has few bikes I would eat off of.

Maybe ya'll have crossed paths. Eddie Parks ring a bell?
    Not ringing a bell, I have not been to a race in a few years. I raced the vintage bikes when they were not considered vintage. For a reference and to date me, my first sponsor was Bultaco, second was Montessa.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    ATV or side by side. Buy once , cry once. Even picking up a 250# bike from a gulley/ditch is not fun. Not counting the damage to self from tree branches, muffler burns, etc. Trail bikes are for TRAILS.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Buy a Mule. They are great toys / workhorses. They have lots of stuff you can buy for them, and you can haul the whole family around on them if you get the right one.

I bought the 2 person one, but wanted the Pro-FX. And go deal with them on a prior year model still on the floor at the Plano location. I got a brand new, big upgrades, 400cu with a dump bed (hydrolic assist) for $10K out the door. A 4 year old one online was $8500. I feel like a got a great deal. Its a great toy. Lots of fun, and can haul tools or gear or dead deer with ease.

I bought an orthopedic dog bed that fits perfectly in the bed on my mule. My grands sit back there while I drive them around.

82A614E5-3413-4C2E-B6D3-D7EFB2F98639.jpeg
    5347B9E1-1592-48C4-97D0-59B91838347F.jpeg

Last edited:

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Don't dismiss a golf cart! The Bad Boy brand of 4wd golf carts are pretty badass.

I have not seen their buggy but their mowers are excellent. We have one guy that brings his to deer camp. It is so overbuilt he can just about mow anything I can cut with a brush hog. I see them at auction now and then, Any used homeowners unit will get snapped up by a lawn service.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I have not seen their buggy but their mowers are excellent. We have one guy that brings his to deer camp. It is so overbuilt he can just about mow anything I can cut with a brush hog. I see them at auction now and then, Any used homeowners unit will get snapped up by a lawn service.
    Bad Boy mowers and Bad Boy Buggies are two different companies IIRC.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yep. Anything other than a tractor or skidsteer is a toy. The front end loader on my little 33hp tractor knocks over small trees no problem. You'll have paths cut for your pickup in no time.
    I do think a tractor is a useful tool and really there isn't a really great substitute for a tractor and it's impliments, but a golf cart, SxS, or ATV with a small trailer can be very handy when a tractor is not necessarily needed.

Both are handy and have their place if a person can afford both.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    My golf cart has a lift kit installed, larger tires and wheels, LED lights, 2500 lb. winch and small bed. Also upgraded the front with a bumper guard and winch mounting.

1IHJhNVl.jpg

c4KXIr6l.jpg

ClhiH8ol.jpg
    I like that setup. Is that the engine in the back?

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom