Patriot Mobile

Dirt Bikes, quads, & mowers... (Not sure if this belongs here...)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I like that setup. Is that the engine in the back?

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
    This is the bed with it empty, more or less. The bed measures 9" x42"x30" also has a gun rack mounted.

becFZzml.jpg

9VaWLJYl.jpg

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Y'all have given me some stuff to think about...

I really want an old KX125, or KX250 for nostalgia, as I couldn't afford one back when I was a kid (nor could my parents), but the "rich-kids" had them... :(
    They would scoot my happy ass all around the property w/out issue, and they are about $1500-$2000, and I have a buffer from selling the prior family home for a better life out of the 'Burbs.

Hell, I saw a used KLX650r. last night for under $3k, with title, and I almost sh!+ twinkies...
    Not sure if I would die quickly, but I MIGHT try... however no test rides... REALLY?!
    I NEED to contact that fellah, for clarification, as I understand that model is a "wheelie-MACHINGA".

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Looking at used property-transport/toys, when coming across Facebook marketplace (Not that I have a FB account, but I'll have my wife chat with them), I am seeing some listings with clean titles, and some with No title, just a BOS.

(Sorry for my ignorance, I don't know how the off-road stuff works, my dad did all that when I was a kid, and I recall just filling out a BOS when I sold the motorcycle in like the 80's... I can't seem to google the right answers...)

If the seller never got something titled (or after bringing it into Texas), or never titled after completion of a "totaled" salvage vehicle/rebuild from "scrap"...
    1) Is the buyer on the hook for the $25 title + $25 per month never titled?

2) Will they go after the seller for past-due taxes, or it basically starts from that point and the past is forgiven when it gets titled?

3) If off-road vehicles are to be titled for the first time (or in a long time), do off-road toys have to go through the safety inspection, (the ~$35 "safety inspection" [AKA checks wipers and "emissions test"] :), clearly not wipers) like regular road vehicles do? (I am sure 2-strokes wouldn't pass "emissions test".)

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    @Alpha.Geek

I would look into having a guy with a skidster mulcher come out & cut trails for you. Then use the 4wheeler with mower to maintain them. You can have a guy come out for about $1250 a day maybe cheaper of you do multiple days.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    @Alpha.Geek

I would look into having a guy with a skidster mulcher come out & cut trails for you. Then use the 4wheeler with mower to maintain them. You can have a guy come out for about $1250 a day maybe cheaper of you do multiple days.
    The forestry machines are a great way to clear land, and they leave behind material that will decompose into mulch and fertilizer for your land, plus no brish piles to move or burn.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Looking at used property-transport/toys, when coming across Facebook marketplace (Not that I have a FB account, but I'll have my wife chat with them), I am seeing some listings with clean titles, and some with No title, just a BOS.

(Sorry for my ignorance, I don't know how the off-road stuff works, my dad did all that when I was a kid, and I recall just filling out a BOS when I sold the motorcycle in like the 80's... I can't seem to google the right answers...)

If the seller never got something titled (or after bringing it into Texas), or never titled after completion of a "totaled" salvage vehicle/rebuild from "scrap"...
    1) Is the buyer on the hook for the $25 title + $25 per month never titled?

2) Will they go after the seller for past-due taxes, or it basically starts from that point and the past is forgiven when it gets titled?

3) If off-road vehicles are to be titled for the first time (or in a long time), do off-road toys have to go through the safety inspection, (the ~$35 "safety inspection" [AKA checks wipers and "emissions test"] :), clearly not wipers) like regular road vehicles do? (I am sure 2-strokes wouldn't pass "emissions test".)
    If you're only going to be using the vehicle on private property, you don't need to worry about any of that. Buying a used four wheeler, dirt bike, or ranch truck is just like buying a gun private sale. No paperwork needed.

Top Bottom