• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    We visited Corpus Christi during 1943-1944 as I recall. There was a large US Naval Base there and lots and lots of Sailors. There was a business there that rented small, push start motorcycles, called ServiCycles and everywhere we looked on the streets were Sailors riding their rented little motorcycles having a ball. It made the heart feel good to see those brave men having a little fun before having to go into battle against the Axis Enemy . Corpus seemed a good place for a US Naval Base and it seems odd that our Nation became too stingy with funds to maintain a base there even today !

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Start a Range Day. It's great way for everyone local to meet and shoot. I am thankful beyond words for the friendships I've made via Houston Range Days. And honestly, depending on dates I'd bet you might have a few Houston people work their way over to shoot with you guys. They might start small, but keep at it and it will grow. If you build it, they will come.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    We visited Corpus Christi during 1943-1944 as I recall. There was a large US Naval Base there and lots and lots of Sailors. There was a business there that rented small, push start motorcycles, called ServiCycles and everywhere we looked on the streets were Sailors riding their rented little motorcycles having a ball. It made the heart feel good to see those brave men having a little fun before having to go into battle against the Axis Enemy . Corpus seemed a good place for a US Naval Base and it seems odd that our Nation became too stingy with funds to maintain a base there even today !

Especially since there is still one in Kingsville, where I am from, lol......

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    QFT, ha the Corpus area will always be home to me (I've got 361 tattooed on my back above my Texas tattoo) but I am enjoying San Antonio.
    i believe all with 512 (old area code before 361) tattooed had to move.... txdarkhouse361- you can move back... lol

we lost naval station ingleside but the the navy still has a base here in corpus christi...

Start a Range Day. It's great way for everyone local to meet and shoot. I am thankful beyond words for the friendships I've made via Houston Range Days. And honestly, depending on dates I'd bet you might have a few Houston people work their way over to shoot with you guys. They might start small, but keep at it and it will grow. If you build it, they will come.

great idea...

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I'm here. I haven't shot a gun in 3 months. It's starting to piss me off! Range day is needed...

Or better yet a dove day...

man... its been a long busy summer for me... and my shooting time has suffered...im defineatly up for a range day.... im going on vacation first week in sept... anyday is fine with me except saturday..... sisterinlaw's wedding to attend...

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012

Shoot if yall organize a range day I'll do my best to make it down and join you.

i believe all with 512 (old area code before 361) tattooed had to move.... txdarkhouse361- you can move back... lol

Was a lot younger but definitely remember the 512 before Austin stole it, phone number is still a 361 number, DL is still my Aransas Pass address until I find a permanent place here, and tons of family still there. And I got the Texas done before my first deployment (South Texas Tattoo in Aransas Pass) and had 361 added above it after I got back (Electra Art in Corpus) to rep my home and was itchin for ink but wanted to stay on the affordable side.

361.jpg

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I'd love to hit the range but for the next 3 or 4 weeks I will be busting my ass at the Dove lease cleaning up and at the Ranch movind dirt and getting stuff ready for deer season

I have not done squat at the ranch to get ready for deer season either.... a game camera to replace and a feeder to fix/fill... hogs knocked it down and competly destroyed it....dont know how much maintaince the senderos need.... the cabin at the ranch needs a covered patio/porch.. probably will spend a few weekends do that....been waiting for some cooler temperatures... but its still hot..

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Shoot if yall organize a range day I'll do my best to make it down and join you.

Was a lot younger but definitely remember the 512 before Austin stole it, phone number is still a 361 number, DL is still my Aransas Pass address until I find a permanent place here, and tons of family still there. And I got the Texas done before my first deployment (South Texas Tattoo in Aransas Pass) and had 361 added above it after I got back (Electra Art in Corpus) to rep my home and was itchin for ink but wanted to stay on the affordable side.

361.jpg

nice tattoo.....hopefully we can get a range day going....

Top Bottom