• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    I35W at the 1171 exit. Head west on 1171 and this becomes a gravel road over the bridge. Take the gravel road about 1/4 mile. The road ends there, turn right. Follow the drive keeping left. Next to a building with a sign stating "CHL CLASSES" the drive continues up the hill. At the top is ProActive. The office and sign in is about 1 o'clock from the top of the drive.

My cell number is two one four-seven two nine-one six zero five if you need anything.

May 18th at 1PM @ProActive Defense. This is a private range that is next to Quail Creek. They share the same parking lot but follow the driveway to the left up the hill.

The range rules are different for ProActive than they are for Quail Creek. ProActive is an outdoor open range. You have the freedom to practice draw or other training you just need to follow simple, normal rules. They also have a 35 yard rifle range for cqb shooting and training.

The cost is normally $20/hr for non members but we have this for 2 hours for the same price.

Anything I may have forgotten, please feel free to ask. You can post it here or send a PM. Any question that I can't answer I will get an answer to and respond.

Professional Firearms Training-Concealed Handgun-CHL Classes-Gun Safety-Target Shooting-Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun Marksmanship, Argyle, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Denton County Texas
    Hurley's Gold

n2pistols

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    I am on 35 stuck in traffic

Sent from the black hole

Know what you mean. I came from Hurst and both 820/35W was a mess but I kept going and finally made it. It was the first outdoor range I have ever used and it was a great not having to smell the smoke after firing. Also not having walls on both sides of me like an indoor made it more enjoyable firing, it also inproved my aim a little. However it was warm out there today.

:cool:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Someone got pics ? Anyone wanna get back tommorrow those who missed out ? We can come back to downtown ft worth for some bere

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I found the place OK and actually was early. From NE Dallas I used I-635 to I-35E and used the Main St. exit in Lewisville to head west on FM-1171. The directions given were excellent and I got there much quicker than I expected. A couple of guys I'd met at the luncheon a month or so ago showed up and a couple of others I'd not met before. It was a very enjoyable outing, and even though I didn't show up with a lot of ammo for my big guns, I think everyone who wanted to try them got a chance to. (L.A.R. Grizzly pistols in .50AE and .45 Win Mag). I didn't take any pictures even though my camera was in the car--some shooters are reluctant to have their photos made associated with firearms. There were a few photos taken by one of the others, though--perhaps he will post them. I had a good time, and a couple of the young guys and I went to a nearby Taco place for lunch afterward, and good conversation. The tacos were excellent and I enjoyed talking with them. I'll definitely keep in mind doing it again.

Last edited:

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Yeah, sorry I missed out this time. Still have that holster for you. Life is busy.. Who decided you should work 5 days and only get two off? He should be shot.

Sent knowing my life is boring unless I'm looking down range. And that most of you are jerks.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    Yeah, sorry I missed out this time. Still have that holster for you. Life is busy.. Who decided you should work 5 days and only get two off? He should be shot.

Sent knowing my life is boring unless I'm looking down range. And that most of you are jerks.

We had several setbacks, including 35W being all but shut down.

When is a good time for you?

n2pistols

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    If ya'll want, I can set up another.

Great: I have been to the last two meets so I will make the next one too, maybe I will get my picture took this time. I really enjoyed the outdoor range. No smoke problems due to lack of good A/C like at the indoor ranges plus I did not have shooters on each side of me firing 40 and 45 cal guns that rattle the old brain cells.

n2pistols

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    I guess you won't want me to come, then.:cool:
    Some indoor ranges only give you about 3 ft to shoot in and there is a thin wall that separates the shooters. And yes it does get loud even with ear protectors on. I usually change lanes if the shooters will be around for a while. If the next meeting is at an indoor range and when you start firing your 40 or 45 if the shooter next to you moves over a lane or two that will be me. But do come to the next meeting since I will be there and these meeting are to get like minded shooters together and share their love of shooting and guns. Looking forward to meeting you and anyone else that shows up.

Happy shooting .

Top Bottom