APOD Firearms

Dewhurst may have destroyed his campaign with one phone call.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Out of curiosity, where do you put this on the scale in comparison to Benghazi?
    uh... not even close. This just highlights the ethically questionable system of political favors that exists because of people like Dewhurst. Benghazi; that's either total incompetence or the state dept. let our people be killed and bullshitted the public to cover up something else.
    Texas SOT

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    X2

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have a problem with what he did.

It didn't sound like he actually did anything wrong

Bailing out your family member doesn't constitute an emergency to call 911 over. Quite certain its actually illegal to make a stupid ass phone call like that to 911.

I'd like to think such a prestigious member of society would have enough sense to take a minute to find the non-emergency line.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't think he didn't anything wrong either, technically I guess would be the way to describe it. He used phrases like "what do I need to do to...". Dewhurst was definitely asking for a favor without actually saying the words. I'm sure he knew that would be wrong. The asking how to spell the name and then giving his resume/credentials/fund raising work was the method he was using to persuade the officer into making an offer. But the LEO on the end of line was nothing but professional and didn't take any part of the bait.

The call sounded pretty pathetic on Dewhurst's part. Anyone listening to that can see right through what he was trying to do. Pretty cringe worthy. Big thumbs up for the officer on the other end dealing with him.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    It happens. But the fact that he called 911, and its recorded, was a really bad move. Its one thing to be accused of doing something like that, its another thing to have a recording of said call.

They said on the radio this morning that he called the APD non emergency line and was dispatched through.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    You would think he would be better connected......

Sure things like this happen...but you rarely hear about the successful ones....

Calling the local DA, County Sheriff or Chief of Police.....

Trying to get the SGT on duty to do something without orders from higher up was not going to happen from the moment he picked up the phone.....

jmho...

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    He was simply out of line for his position, it could have been handled in a far different manner which to me shows a lack of good judgment, small errors in judgment lead to Benghazi, ignoring things like this has been our mistake as a nation far too long.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    It didn't sound like he actually did anything wrong. Based on what I've read he asked several times to make sure nothing extraordinary was done, but wanted to know what their options were.

I'm not a fan of the guy politically, and it does sounds like he was fishing for a favor, but he didn't do anything illegal based on what I read.

His campaign had no chance even before this.

Makes zero difference. The media will make it illegal in the minds of low information voters and run it hard. He's done.

Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    Glad he outed himself again for the slow learning voters.....why are Repubics so frigging ignutt mus ah die?this shit will never go away but we sure as hell can vote their azz out ..... problem is too many somcalled conservatives are still ignutt about what a conservative is.......never should had made the call period.....but he reveals human nature creatures of habit ....me thinks he is acustomed to having favors done and is comfortable pullingnthese stunts. .......glad he showed his azz and how bad he just sucks.....

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't think he didn't anything wrong either, technically
    "Hey officer I'm not trying to bribe my way out of a ticket or anything, but could I purchase some tickets to the Policeman's Ball from you?" ;)

Saying he was wanting to do the right thing is about like Nixon saying he's not a crook.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    This is the type of stuff that if a republican does it gets twisted and blown way out of proportion.

The articles I read made It sound like he was just trying to bail someone out.

He's a moron by using his title in the call.

The pd whether its true or not covered him. But he should know better than to do crap like that...

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Can't we just get on down the road? Adios, MoFo!

Ann Richards would still be an unknown had Clayton Williams not shot his mouth off. Politicians will never learn.

Alex23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    NTX
    I suspect he was inebriated in some fashion because, whilst I am not a fan, he is not dumb. This was very dumb.

His next mission was to be governor and this escapade just holed him below the waterline. He's not coming back from this.

2sam22

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Georgetown, TX
    I'm surprised that anyone is criticizing him who actually listened to the tape. He repeatedly says he wants the law followed.

Can anyone point out exactly what he says that is out of bounds?

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm simply trying to see something from another's point of view.

Maybe I missed something.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm surprised that anyone is criticizing him who actually listened to the tape. He repeatedly says he wants the law followed.

Can anyone point out exactly what he says that is out of bounds?

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm simply trying to see something from another's point of view.

Maybe I missed something.

If you are referring to here, I dunno. But if you're referring the the media, the truth doesn't matter as long as they can dethrone a powerful republican..

Top Bottom