• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    Considering parting ways with my Polytech M1A, stock is fiberglass. Maybe 10 rounds through it, not sure when got it, around 15 if not longer. Has 3 magazines. What could it go for? Did not have any issues with it.
    Hurley's Gold

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I'll take the silence as a no to having the headspace checked...

It is recommended that headspace be checked before buying a Polytech M1A. The receivers are solid, but the bolts can be soft causing headspace issues. If it passes the the headspace value would be around $1200.-1500.00 imho....and about what is found in the BB......A Springfield standard M1A is about the same price....great guns otherwise.

A USGI bolt can be fitted but will cost up to a few hundred to have done. Fulton Armory used to perform this service but I don't know if they currently do....

Headspace unknown? Most folks don't know anything about them before buying them........

If it doesn't pass a headspace check it would be unethical to sell it without notifying the potential buyer(s). I sold 3 of them over the years and the headspace was good on all of them. I know of 1 person personally that had an issue with headspace and he shot his a lot more than the average shooter...............

If it does have headspace issues............value? Whatever someone is willing to pay.....

HTH.....

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    No has not been ever checked, just cleaned it, oiled it and took it to the range, maybe 20 rounds through it. How much should that run to get it checked?

Any good shop should do it for $10.00-$20.00.....I checked many guns for free when I was in business......takes about 1 minute or 2...

Top Bottom