• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Julie2385

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Austin Texas
    It's a great way to do silly exercises and take a huge risk of injuring yourself.

which is why you need to find a good gym with good trainers whom teach you proper form so you don't injure your self. As for "silly exercise" . . . Crossfit is "functional fitness" . . . as in stuff you would actually use in the real world. Not bicep curls on a machine.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    When you go and talk to them be sure and ask if they either have beginner classes or ifthey use scaling! My firs Xfit guy did scailing, VERY cool, and each workout was kinda customized for the person doing it.

The one that I go to when I have a chance now has a beginner 3-4 week course to try and get everyone up to speed, but they dont' scale, so you are hitting it with everyone that's been doing it for a year or more and feeling pretty inadequate. Guy says that now that he's gotten busy, he's looking into building beginner/intermediate/advanced classes, we'll see.

msmac327

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I have been doing crossfit for a little over a month now. The first few weeks were a beginner, or Essentials class, to teach the proper techniques for the olympic lifts. It is the hardest I have ever worked out in my life, and I was a college athlete. Right now I am still out of shape, but my endurance and muscle memory are kicking in to high gear.

The workouts are brutal, especially on endurance day, but the feeling of accomplishment after every workout is amazing. I am getting so much stronger every time I go. I found a place here in Houston where it is $80 a month unlimited access. They also offer Simunitions classes starting in August. I am definitely drinking the Kool aid now!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Resurrecting this thread! Anyone doing the CF Open? Im attempting 14.5 tomorrow and am dreading it. I hate thrusters with a passion.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I wanted a sub-20 but paced it pretty slow until the 9's and then punched it. 22:56 and I was happy to be done with it. I think after 2 years of CF, I should've been faster but thrusters are my mental hang up. I'm glad the open is over and I can focus on nutrition now and cutting about 10% BF. How'd yall fare?

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    CF is great but it's a young mans workout, my broken bodys opinion. What I've done is taken the routines that work for me and I've had great results. I have a busted shoulder and other injuries that I've collected over time. Even with a good instructor I have lots of limits (rope climbing, overhead press) and I feel like I'm holding up the class. What I've done is gone on YouTube and taken a variety of routines that I am able to perform. I try to match the intensity and I manage to have an awesome workout.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    which is why you need to find a good gym with good trainers whom teach you proper form so you don't injure your self. As for "silly exercise" . . . Crossfit is "functional fitness" . . . as in stuff you would actually use in the real world. Not bicep curls on a machine.

It's pretty hard to keep proper form when the exercise relies on poor form.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I plan to go try out a CrossFit class here in North Dallas in the upcoming weeks. Anyone on here do CrossFit up in the area?

I drove past the crossfit gym off of Cadiz. That shit was boarded up with a tractor tire in the back. I laughed out loud as I drove past it. To hell with you crossfit!

By the way, you really should come to the DFW get-together.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397099377.097965.jpg

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Word. CrossFit is lame. I stick to Planet Fitness, the treadmill, and that bicep machine thingy where I do curls. S'all good.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    It's just cardio. That rush you feel, from high intensity cardio. Can get it sprinting, running up hills, swimming, cycling.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Word. CrossFit is lame. I stick to Planet Fitness, the treadmill, and that bicep machine thingy where I do curls. S'all good.

Or there's Planet Fitness, the "no discrimination zone" that discriminates against people that actually try and put serious effort into fitness. ;) LOL

Kipping, not even once.

Top Bottom