Lynx Defense

CRAWFISHIES . . . where to go to EAT 'em up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    The first time I ever heard of boiled crawfish was when a good friend of mine went fishing with his dad.
    He said the sun was setting and they had not caught a thing, He asked his dad what they were going to eat. He said "the bait"
    He told me it was pretty good too!

I always figured that was the origin of boiled crawfish. A bad day of fishing.

I have no explanation for raw oysters though. Never been that hungry.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    That is not a huge surprise to me.
    I have only had boiled crawfish one time. Everybody was always talking about them so the wife and I stopped in a place in Lake Charles LA that was supposed to be good. They were ok, but more trouble than they were worth to me.
    I've stopped at the Steamboat Bill's in Lake Charles, LA for crawfish and thought they were pretty good.

AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    This thread just reminds me that I need to get some crawfish , Boiled or fried. I remember one place in town that used to have jalapeno stir fried crawfish that was tasty. Don't remember the name of the restaurant. Might have to make that myself.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I don't know about the hot waitress piece - but HEB has'em going for $9.99/lb. Pricing on crawfish are way up - there was a farming issue and much less supply from what I recall reading. The HEB boys have the process down pat.

Top Bottom