Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    He was suspended by the NFL on March 1st. Was a free agent, made $3 million last year, was a dominant DL, and could have made $5-$8 million next year . . . .

Exactly. All he had to do was give up weed for a couple of years. He could have made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life if he didn't piss it all away (which is unlikely).

Some day soon he will be flat-ass broke and will be whining about it. What a dumbass.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    A play right out of the Ricky Williams playbook.

He’ll apologize and look to get back into the league once he realizes what real-world jobs pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    If you played your cards right and managed your money, you'd be set for life with 1.8mil.
    It’d be just like hitting the lottery for that amount- depends strictly on the individual as to how they’d manage it. I know I’d sure as hell, like to give it a try! (But then again, I’m already retired and managing on much less!)

However, I’d guess the odds of success for a dope head wouldn’t favor his success.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If you played your cards right and managed your money, you'd be set for life with 1.8mil.
    If you are 20 years old you will still have to work, but you wouldn’t have to work that much, or for that long.

If you are 45+ you could be pretty much retired.

If you are a professional athlete, you would most likely be broke in less than a year

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you are 20 years old you will still have to work, but you wouldn’t have to work that much, or for that long.

If you are 45+ you could be pretty much retired.

If you are a professional athlete, you would most likely be broke in less than a year
    Sure... A LOT of variables on the table.

Most pros get use to the extravagant lifestyle. Easy to go up, hard to come down.

I guess I ponder having "crazy money" and how I would handle it too often. I have the plan... just don't have the "crazy money."

Top Bottom