• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ULEWZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2023
    Georgetown TX
    So I bought two Uplula quick loaders (think my son "borrowed" the good one). The one I use works great but the metal bullet hold down tends to bend after I get close to loading a full magazine. This tells me the metal is not spring steel, but something else.

So my question to you all, is this a sign of a counterfeit Uplula?

It has all the Made in Israel markings, but I do not want to buy another if the metal will bend just like mine.

Anybody else have this issue with the metal bending? (one bought at a namebrand gun store, the other on Fleebay (probably counterfeit if that is the one I am using).(and don't get me started on the ETS speedloader POS!!)
    Venture Surplus ad

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I never used one until I got my 1st P365. Since then I have loaded hundreds of mags with it and never had anything bend.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    That's good news. If I might ask, where did you buy yours?
    I bought the 1st one at an LGS. My son borrowed it and failed to return it, so I bought a 2nd one from Amazon. I got a burnt orange color that time because it was $15 less.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So I bought two Uplula quick loaders (think my son "borrowed" the good one). The one I use works great but the metal bullet hold down tends to bend after I get close to loading a full magazine. This tells me the metal is not spring steel, but something else.

So my question to you all, is this a sign of a counterfeit Uplula?

It has all the Made in Israel markings, but I do not want to buy another if the metal will bend just like mine.

Anybody else have this issue with the metal bending? (one bought at a namebrand gun store, the other on Fleebay (probably counterfeit if that is the one I am using).(and don't get me started on the ETS speedloader POS!!)

Welcome to the Forum!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Easy enough to send them an e-mail & ask. If it a bootleg I'm sure they would like to know. And if it's not working right they should be made aware of it. They might just replace it for you.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Read Amazon has fake ones (no surprise)

maglaod.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    IDK.
    My thumbs an fingers haven't complained yet.
    Loading magazines is just part of the fun.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I was in Ecuador in the early 1980's and needed to make some recordings, so I stopped in a shop and bought a box of Maxvell tapes. Doh! Yes, they squealed even though they looked the part.

maxwell.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yeah, they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Arthritis in both of my thumbs thanks to motorcycle wrecks, lol.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    When I bought S&W shield 45acp I could only load 3 rounds, I rushed out to get an Uplulu because I was going to shoot the next day.

ULEWZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2023
    Georgetown TX
    Easy enough to send them an e-mail & ask. If it a bootleg I'm sure they would like to know. And if it's not working right they should be made aware of it. They might just replace it for you.
    Email sent, just waiting for a reply. I have no problem buying a new one, just wanted to know if the problem I am having with the striker bending is common. Sounds like the answer is no if genuine. I bought mine years ago, so no telling if genuine.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    It does not appear that Maglula currently sells products on Amazon, so anything there now is likely a fake.

The quickest way to get delisted from Amazon is to have a counterfeit item report tossed at you. I believe they delist you and make you prove that you should be reinstated.

Ebay is slower and actually looks into the case, but they are morons, and delisting only occurs if the vendor plays a hand in it. For example, I saw a counterfeit class ring, with a not even close class crest on it. Ebay did not take it down. I also reported an item that the vendor said he "created in his garage" yet it had a trademarked brand name on it. That went down in 3 days.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom