ARJ Defense ad

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My brother had the radiator in a 49 Ford truck damaged from a cat under the hood when he started the engine. His neighbor gave him a vet bill for the injured cat. He was promptly told he should pay for the damaged radiator and keep his cat on his own property before he and the cat had worse injuries.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I had a 97 RAM 15000 that I installed a remote start so I could warm it up when it was cold. Cat was in their one morning. Best of up pretty good. It limped around for a few days before it was back to normal

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I worked in a gas station while in college. I have seen mice and squirrels make nests in cars. Mice will chew up the wiring. Squirrels will store nuts in there. The worst for getting caught in the fan belt is cats. I saw that several times. Once was my wife's cat - a wicked and evil thing. (OK, both were, but specifically we're talking about the cat here.) The truly sad part was that the damned cat survived. It flipped the belt off and pulled some spark plug wires loose getting out. Got cut up a bit and covered with grease, but survived. A few years later, my wife left the cat with her mother while we were in the process of moving. That evil cat developed a habit of trying to attack the mother-in-law while she did laundry. Apparently it did that once too often and it was never seen again. To this day, my ex- thinks the cat ran away. I saw the freshly dug spot behind the garden that convinces me otherwise.

There was a story that I heard from several sources, but I wasn't a witness. In the coal mines, there are lots of rats - mean, vicious rats that are desperate for food. Someone brought a few stray cats in and turned them loose and they became as wild as the rats. A miner was doing some work and a cat jumped on him, scaring the crap out of him. He hit it with a shovel and thought he'd killed it. There was a conveyor belt nearby carrying coal to the surface, and he flipped the cat onto it. When he got off shift and went to start his truck, there was a loud noise and the alternator light went on. He opened the hood and the cat had apparently survived the shovel hit and the conveyor belt, and had crawled up in the engine space in his truck to keep warm. When he started it, the cat tried to get out and jumped into the fan, breaking it and the fan belt. Pieces of the cat were all over the place.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I had an old Ford truck that sat out in the driveway. Cold winternightI ha cat climb up in the the fan shroud to stay warm. They make a crazy amount of noice when you started the truck up. After the firstone you learn not to open the hood for the noice.
    Knowing of the relationship between a warm fan shroud & a cat, I glued roofing nails, point-up in our cars fan shroud. So, our cat went to next door neighbor's car to commit suicide.

Top Bottom