• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seadog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    Hoping someone can set me straight. My understanding of the law is that concealed carry is not allowed at places of worship, e.g. my church. However, someone I know who is a CHL instructor tells me that carrying at church is okay unless the church posts a sign that prohibits concealed carry.

Am I misunderstanding the law? What is correct?

Thanks for your help.
    ARJ Defense ad

Tuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Weatherford, TX
    Like the poster above referenced...Churches are now like any other place of business and they have to follow the 30.06 guidelines. No having said that, everyone in our church carries..

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I know of only one church and they have one of those letters on glass 30.06. Not worth testing it so i choose to worship elsewhere.

Driller

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If I was a church going guy, and I had the money to do so(this being key)-I would get a nice chromed out 1911 with a small touch of gold and some etchings. That would be my Sunday gun. Lol

Alex23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    NTX
    I think Church Carry is pretty common and extremely sensible.

I've been to quite a few churches and never seen a 30.06 notice...

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    The law is pretty clear. No 30.06 sign posted OR verbal communication from the church leadership, and you're good to go. I recently started attending the church right across the street from my house. I had lunch with the pastor a while ago, and the conversation turned to firearms/defense. He showed me his CHL. We noted that churches have been prime targets for ungodly people to cause harm. After attending for a few months, I started to notice at least a dozen NRA window decals in the parking lot every Sunday morning. I've got a feeling that if someone tried to pull an incident like the 2007 New Life at my church, they would have some suprising results. 'Nuff said.

Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    In 1999 I was a student at Southwestern Baptist Seminary in Fort Worth when Larry Gene Ashbrook walked into a youth rally with two handguns, killing seven people and himself and wounding seven others. One of the dead was a classmate of mine. During the rampage the shooter walked through the sanctuary, shooting worshipers cowering beneath the pews. As a Christian I have no fear of death, but I will not stand by helplessly while a madman takes innocent life. We host CHL classes at my church, and I carry at all times--even while preaching.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    In 1999 I was a student at Southwestern Baptist Seminary in Fort Worth when Larry Gene Ashbrook walked into a youth rally with two handguns, killing seven people and himself and wounding seven others. One of the dead was a classmate of mine. During the rampage the shooter walked through the sanctuary, shooting worshipers cowering beneath the pews. As a Christian I have no fear of death, but I will not stand by helplessly while a madman takes innocent life. We host CHL classes at my church, and I carry at all times--even while preaching.

Amen

Top Bottom